Problem with Facebook on Acer A501 tablet

pulsar
pulsar Member Posts: 5 New User

When I am in Facebook, via Facebook web,and I go to look at a post it takes an inordinate amount of time for the comments to come up. Photos appear fine but comments take forever. Also when looking at photos instead of being able to touch the photo and save it it jumps to the next image. Typing of comments is also an issue, there is only a small amount of the comment box able to be viewed as the top of the page for about 5 cms turns blue. I have tried downloading the Facebook app twice but this just freezes. It works fine for the first couple of minutes. Have done a factory reset but this didn't help. Any assistance would be appreciated. Other than this issue, and now the power button doesn't allow me to turn it off, the tablet is working fine.

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Possibly the Facebook app is not compatable with your particular version of android which may account for the freezing, have you attempted to download the app from a source other than Play Store. When you log in to Facebook via the web, have you selected the "desktop" version of the page, just to see if it makes any difference ? Have you tried different browsers or are you using the stock android browser.

• pulsar
    pulsar Member Posts: 5 New User

Using the stock android browser, didn't know I could download app from another source, can you tell me where? Will try the options you have suggested. Many thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Play Store should have the Facebook app.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

With the stock Android browser, you can go in to "settings" and request the Desktop version of any site you are visiting, recommend you try this to see if it makes the web based Facebook experience any better for you, also I'd try another browser too, my browser of choice is Firefox.

Re Apps (APK's ) you can download them from many sites such as 1mobile.com, appsapk.com, 4shared.com, inn order to do this you have to go in to "settings" on your device then "security" then enable "allow installation of apps from unknown sources", now, the only problem with this is that you can be pretty sure that all the apps from the Play Store are virus and malware free, other apps may not be, I have, however, used the sites I have mentioned, without incident, I would also recommend downloading Avast anti virus, even if you don't intend to use the other sites. At the end of the day, the versions of Facebook you download from other sites may be the same versions as the ones you have tried from Play which cause your device to freeze. Worth "googling" to see if anyone else is having Facebook issues with the same version of Android which you are running, it happens from time to time.

This discussion has been closed.