My Iconia B1 has completely frozen, and has been like that for 8-9 hours. How can I fix this?

Baydude98
Baydude98 Member Posts: 1 New User

I was playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition on my tablet when I came across a terrain feature that I thought looked interesting. I promptly pressed the key combination for a screenshot (PWR + Vol. DOWN) and was greeted by the shutter sound that it should make. The animation was not present, however. I then discovered that the app was completely frozen. I tried pressing the HOME button, but it proved ineffective. No inch of the touchscreen yielded any result. However, my music kept playing (Spotify). I left it overnight plugged in, but nothing has changed since last night. I tried every button combination possible for a minute each, but nothing worked.

If you could help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

If your system is still frozen, you may try using the hardware reset pinhole on your tablet, to see if it will allow your system to boot.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

If your system is still frozen, you may try using the hardware reset pinhole on your tablet, to see if it will allow your system to boot.

• bondroid
    bondroid Member Posts: 29 New User
    Correct blayn :-)
  • kcinmor_04
    kcinmor_04 Member Posts: 1 New User

what if it wont work. . .my acer iconia b1 can't even boot up hard reset or soft reset. . . when i attempt to choose the "SD Image Update Mode", Fastboot Mode" or "Clean Boot" only acer logo appear then it will turn off. . . . 

is their any other solution about this problem. . .were i can boot my unit using pc or laptop???

• Blayn-Acer

I would suggest contacting Acer Technical Support in your region, as they will be able to do additional troubleshooting, and determine if the system needs repair.

• vishesh
    vishesh Member Posts: 3 New User

i have got the same problem with my ICONIA B1. i changed my live wallpaper n the moment i set the wallpaper my screen freezed. i touched n tapped everywhere on sreen but it dint respond. then after some minutes the screen went black. i thought its got switched off but then i noticed that it is glowing. the screen is on but its showing black colour screen. it is not switching off either. i read above that someone suggested to use the reboot pin hole. but how to do that? can you direct me how to reboot the tablet. what is to be inserted into tht pinhole? should i use a pin?

• vishesh
    vishesh Member Posts: 3 New User

and also it is getting hot especially the middle-right portion of screen. please help.

• Vix2
    Vix2 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks it works!!! AMAZING!!!!! Woman Very Happy

• adder
    adder Member Posts: 1 New User

yup mine froze on a  ga me and the pinhole reset did it ok. funny it was not on the manual when i got this so i was scared to put anything in that hole till someone (like you) experienced it too.. thanks

• Ineedhelp
    Ineedhelp Member Posts: 2 New User

I do not know were the reset button is because I just bought it and it is stuck on a ice-cream!!! What do I do To reset it?

• Ineedhelp
    Ineedhelp Member Posts: 2 New User

Never mind I got It

• Alan1958
    Alan1958 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • bobbyobrien
    bobbyobrien Member Posts: 1 New User

my acer Iconia  B1 is compleatly frozen.

• declanchambers
    declanchambers Member Posts: 1 New User
  • kuletharbison17
    kuletharbison17 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there i have an Acer iconia B1 tablet and everytime im turn it ON - there's prompt saying   OVER BATTERY TEMPERATURE .. and then it AUto POWER OFF ..  and wont even stay for a minute.  how can i fix it?

• kuletharbison17
    kuletharbison17 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there ,  i have this Acer iconia B1 not even 5 months old .  and im having a problem with it.  everytime i turn it ON ..  it will just show the ACER LOGO then the SCreen for a sec ..  then there's this prompt saying  OVER BATTERY TEMPERATURE ..   then it will automaticall shut off ...     it's been like this for 3 days  in row .. and dotn know what to do aymore..  i tried the RESet thing but dont work, i even reboot and see if it's gona do anything ..  but didnt work also .. help me guys pls...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Contact Acer Service. You're still under warranty and thid sounds like the perfect place to use it. Don't fool around with potentially defective batteries.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jaydeesank
    jaydeesank Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you to those who suggested using the pin hole reset.  It worked!

• sandino
    sandino Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Iconia B1-A71 / B1-710 - Factory Data Reset (Wipe Data / Factory Reset)

http://youtu.be/WioXs4vTG10

This discussion has been closed.