Android Tablets

Topic

Visitor
kwakwa

My Acer Iconia Tab A500 wont charge,Why is that?

Contributor
kiwipeso

Re: My Acer Iconia Tab A500 wont charge,Why is that?

They are prone to not charge when a bit of dust, fluff or dirt is present.

Turn it off, hold it charging port down, then blow into it, then clean with a safety pin.

Then do the same with the charger when it is unplugged.

Visitor
ironman63017

I just received my a500 without anything but the charger and it does not charge. Help! I can't use the device as it auto turns off.

Visitor
ironman63017

I tried that but nothing. I also tried charging thru microusb but again nothing.

Contributor
kiwipeso

It doesn't charge by microUSB at all. It only charges by the charging port.

Visitor
cantupete3

I have the same problem, but it seems like at some point the charger plug that goes inside charging port starts getting too small for the port, in other words I wonder if the port becomes wider or loose overtime. Try "wiggling" the plug inside the port and see if at some point the little battery icon at the right bottom corner seems to get any charge. My make false contact because of the situation I just explained.
Visitor
wovenlander

Same problem here, with an A700 -- I am now completely unable to charge it. 

Jiggling the microUSB connector would sometimes biring it back, but it has been increasingly difficult to get it to stay in charging mode, and now it's not working at all.

I've tried blowing out dust, makes no difference. It seems clear that this is a mechanical fault of some kind. There's no evidence of damage to the charger cable.

What do I need to do? I can't use the tablet until this is fixed.

TIA,

Nick

Vancouver, BC

Contributor
kiwipeso

Best bet is to Get the car charger for it, which is what worked for my 500.

Visitor
latinafire7287

I thought my tablet was bricked. It wasn’t.
I had notice that it wouldn’t let me do anything anymore. It stopped charging the battery. when it loaded to the home screen it just wouldn’t respond when you touch it. My thought was okay the battery is 3 years old and it’s probably bad. So I went out bought a battery and installed it. I let it charge overnight. When I got up the next day it still didn’t charge. I reopen the tablet and trace the power back to the battery. There wasn’t anything wrong. So I decide to fix the software then I will go back to look into the battery. I had to put the image software onto the SD card then force it to restore through the SD card(power and volume up will restore from SD card). Once I did that boom the battery started to charge again. So I really didn’t need to buy the battery in the first place. .
So the moral of the story is fixed the OS first. Also make sure you rename the image fill in order to install the image that is on the SD card. I hope this helps other out because i never found anyone else with this same problem.

Visitor
elizabethmary17

i have same problem i tried blowing  dust out and reset with pin but no luck:mansad:

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: