Left screen(???)

Options
Anetka
Anetka Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi, I have new Iconia One 10 with Android 5.1 and I have this left screen which isnt even shown when I try to customize and delete it. It shows social network etc and I would really like to turn the whole page off, but I couldnt find how. Long press doesnt work and as I said, when I long press other screen, this on is just not there. I also went throught all the jindy of settings, but nothing..

I am sorry if this is dumb question, but I would really appreciate any kind of help

Answers

• AleSi
    AleSi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have a same issue as Anetka. I have downloaded android update for Iconia One 10 and it created me new left screen with social networks, opera maxi and china´s town weather update. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

• LisMorris
    LisMorris Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

This is a left hand screen that Acer added on their latest update, and I personally find it useless. I managed to get rid of it on my tablet by installing the free version of the Nova Launcher from the Google Store. That allows far more customisation of your tablet and gets rid of that pointless left screen.

• shawnkhall
    shawnkhall Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

you can turn this off by pressing and holding the screen and in the three options that appear select "settings" and then switch the option for "left page" to Off.

• ChristmasMan
    ChristmasMan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Right so I brough two of these tablets for my kids chritmas presents and like most people can't stand the left screen. So following the instructions above I got rid of it very easily from one tablet.

However, the other tablet which is built and upgraded to exactly the same specification doesnt have the 'setting' icon when you long press like the 1st.  

Please please can anyone save christmas

[inappropriate content removed]

• Finn824
    Finn824 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem - after a while I found that if you hold on the home screen there should be some options, click on the 'settings' and disable the left screen. Hope this helps you! ????