Iconia one 10 B3-A20 hard reset

2»

Answers

• jeffy162
    jeffy162 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I don't, personally, think that your Acer tablet is locked to a Google account. If you go to Settings > Accounts there MIGHT be a way that you can bypass the Google account thing (but I'm not really sure, unfortunately).

• comarc
    comarc Member Posts: 4 New User

Unfortunately it is true. The only way to reset is to enable Developer Options by clicking 6-7 times on "Build Number".

But Acer removed this feature from kernel. So if you forget the Google user/password you can put you tablet into the trash.

Acer tablets should be avoided if they are not for tehnical people.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

That's a Google security feature, not Acer. You can reset everything from Google on any browser, but you have to at least know what account you used.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • comarc
    comarc Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yes, because this is a Google tablet, not Acer. Isn't it?
    I buy a product from Acer, not from Google. Acer must provide me a way to use my tablet without a Google account. And should allow me to reset my tablet like any other tablet. Acer made developer mode unavailable on this tablet. This helps Google to lock my tablet. Do you think this is ok? To have your tablet locked by a Google account?
    What have you paid for?