Topic

Visitor
Steve10

Iconia Tablets - Android 4.4 KitKat

Anyone know if the current Acer Iconia tablets i.e the A1-810, B1-710 & A3-A10 are likely to recieve the Android 4.4 KitKat update?

Not sure of Acer's past record for updating thier tablets software to major Android releases but given specs of the tablets above they certainly could handle the update.

Heard the A3-A10 might, unsure of the others.

Visitor
viskonde

Re: Iconia Tablets - Android 4.4 KitKat

good question..

I hope to see it.. at least some of those tablets (E.g., the A1 810) have never seen an update and are 8 months old..

I hope that ACER does at least one update before "forget" them... otherwhise this would be my first and last device from acer :smileysad:

DannyK

On Andriod page is infrmation, that Acer will not release new Android to "older" tablets. New Adroid 4.4 will be available only for Acer Tablets which will be released in 2014. This means one thing. Good bye Acer, next device will be Nexus or Samsung.

Visitor
viskonde

[ Edited ]

where did you read that?

thats just disapointing... but actually, I expected it when I bought it.

these **bleep**ty brands are terrible in terms of customer support.

I dont know how they intend to gain market share like this. No one who buys one product wants to buy another.

I only bought my Acer for the 8" screen and to "support" the brand that seemed wiling to gain some new costumers.

Otherwise I would have gone with the Nexus 7 all the way..

next time, I already know.. Nexus or iPad. remainig brands are pure bull**bleep**.

Bye Acer!

johncanfield

I was amazed that my A500 was not a candidate for future upgrades apparently due to hardware limitations. Some have hacked the A500 to go beyond 4.0 but you lose some functionality - details in Android forums.

This summer I bought a Nexus 7 and it's already running 4.4.2 KitKat as is my Nexus 4 phone :smileyhappy:

DannyK

Established Member
inuya5ha

Acer Iconia B1 was released earlier this year (2013) and shipped with the obsolete Android 4.1.

Had I known in advance that Acer would leave all their tablet customers stuck with Android 4.1 I'd have stayed as far as possible from Acer tablets. No wonder why all these devices ended here in LATAM countries with cheap prices, no other country accepted them because they knew they were obsolete the second they left the factory.

[sarcasm]Great news to see that Acer won't release ANY updates whatsoever to a device manufactured this year and still announced in their tablets home page today. I'll always be a happy and loyal ACER customer and recommend their tablets to all my friends and family without doubt.[/sarcasm]

snorkeller2

Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

Am surprised at this news, delighted, but surprised, fingers crossed !

ACE Pioneer
billsey

Sounds like someone reads the forums after all! :manhappy: Now, if they'd just do it for my ancient A100... :manwink:

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: