Iconia One 7 B1-730 Won't turn on, does not function even when plugged into outlet

Options
Tabletmaniac
Tabletmaniac Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

This problem appears to be common with this series of Acer tablets.

It is now nearly impossible to turn on the tablet.

When it finally does turn on after a short period of time the screen flickers and then the unit shuts down.

I bought this tablet about 2 years ago and I have been quite pleased with the value received for my money.

However, the charging issue has been annoying.

The tablet stopped charging about 6 months ago.

For some reason now, even when the tablet is plugged into the wall, it still does not function.

The unit has also recently been stuck on the Acer loading page and then sometimes it moves

to the battery charging page, though it then never charges.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Tabletmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am very happy that my problem appears to now be solved.

This can only be said tenatively at this time, though the tablet is working flawlessly at this time.

I have been very happy with my Iconia. I love the abfiles, abphoto programs and I often use the tablet camera and then upload to my PC.

The tablet is also such great value. I have only bought PCs before. A hundred dollar is equal to a $500 computer for me in terms of functionality.

I was already to buy another Iconia 7 to replace my current one, yet it appears that I have been able to salvage the tablet.

From what I have on the tablet forums there are a large number of Acer tablets who are experiencing the same power issues that I faced. Given the way manufacturing is done in the modern economy perhaps this problem exists across Acer tablets at many price points.

I was able to solve the problem by pushing power and volume at start up and then selecting reboot. Getting the tablet to reboot does seem tricky. I am not sure whether I could luck out again and get the reboot screen.

Not sure whether this is allowed, though I am going to call this problem solved!

Answers

• Tabletmaniac
    Options

Following the advice of others on this forum, I pushed both the power and volume buttons on my Iconia.

This gave me a menu and I chose the reboot option.

This appears to have been very helpful.

The tablet now appears to be working properly again.

Does anyone know how I can manage my downloads?

There are a large number of download icons on the top of my tablet screen and I am not sure

what I should do with them. Click on them? Remove them somehow? 

• Tabletmaniac
    Options

Another problem that I have now noticed is that Google is no longer functioning.

For some reason the tablet now does not appear able to load web pages.

The searches seem to be going through, it just seems that the searched pages do not load.

Before the reboot this was not a problem.  

• Tabletmaniac
    Options

Here's an update.

Everything was going fine except I was unable to access the internet through Google.

I then decided that I would disconnect the tablet. Not a good idea.

The tablet then started blinking again and I was back to trying to restart it.

After a few tries it restarted.

For some reason, I can now access the internet.

The tablet is working flawlessly.

I wouldn't touch anything and hope that it is now fixed.

• Tabletmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am very happy that my problem appears to now be solved.

This can only be said tenatively at this time, though the tablet is working flawlessly at this time.

I have been very happy with my Iconia. I love the abfiles, abphoto programs and I often use the tablet camera and then upload to my PC.

The tablet is also such great value. I have only bought PCs before. A hundred dollar is equal to a $500 computer for me in terms of functionality.

I was already to buy another Iconia 7 to replace my current one, yet it appears that I have been able to salvage the tablet.

From what I have on the tablet forums there are a large number of Acer tablets who are experiencing the same power issues that I faced. Given the way manufacturing is done in the modern economy perhaps this problem exists across Acer tablets at many price points.

I was able to solve the problem by pushing power and volume at start up and then selecting reboot. Getting the tablet to reboot does seem tricky. I am not sure whether I could luck out again and get the reboot screen.

Not sure whether this is allowed, though I am going to call this problem solved!