Android Tablets

Topic

Visitor

Re: Iconia A500 frozen at Acer logo boot screen

[ Edited ]

1-17-2013....same problem as the rest  a500 frozen at ACER screen.  Tried pushing the reset pin and the hard reset procedure [many many times]...starts to say it is clearing data/cache...but then goes to the ACER screen.  13 months old...and of course, out of warranty.  It is completely untouched in terms of any kind of software adjustments and only downloaded apps from PLAYSTORE.  100% 'stock'.

Has anyone fixed theirs or discovered a process to fix that they can publish?

thanks...Mike    

[edited for privacy]

Visitor
losot

I have the same problem... acer screen forever. The recovery screen just shows a laying droid with the red triangle and exclamation mark. Please help1
Visitor
losot

I have the same problem... acer screen forever. The recovery screen just shows a laying droid with the red triangle and exclamation mark. Please help!
p1800nut

Same problem here.  It seems very strange that so many of us are reporting identical symptoms at the same time (and like most, my warranty ended last month.....)

p1800nut

Looks like this is a hardware problem--more specifically the NAND memory.  Still seems very odd that so many are reporting this problem at the same time.  grrr.  (Glad I bought a Blackberry Playbook--looks like that will be my tab from now on.)

http://androidforums.com/acer-iconia-tab-a500/633215-acer-a500-freezes-acer-screen.html

Regular Visitor
tmdegroot

The steps below worked for me. I am totally frustated with the lack of support from ACER as soon as your warranty has expired. It took me hours to find this. Will not recommend ACER to anybody.

How do I perform a Factory Data Reset if my Acer ICONIA TAB A500 does not boot?

The following steps will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on your tablet.

1.Power off the tablet.

2.Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.

3.With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.

4.Once the tablet vibrates, switch the touch screen lock switch on and off repeatedly while still holding the Volume up button.

5.Release the Volume up button and stop switching the touch screen lock switch once the "Erasing Userdata..." message appears in the upper left corner of the screen.

6.Once the factory reset has been completed your tablet will load to the Welcome screen. 7.Your Factory Data Reset has completed now follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

Visitor
adjjmq

Add me to the growing list of Acer A500 users that have a new paper weight instead of a working tablet.  It seems like more than a coincidence that so many of us are having the exact same issue.  I cannot get past the Acer screen and have tried both the "+" and the "-" volume boot options with no success.  I either end up with a endless "Acer" message or an Android robot on his back with a an exclamation point.

It appears to me that Acer either has a great opportunity to show their commitment to their customers by resolving this issue or their total indifference to their customers by ignoring it. 

The ball is in your court Acer, do you want to keep us as future customers?

Visitor
alexvictoor

Same problem here!

Hard reset is useless

Is there any acer staff here to help?

It seems many devices have the same problem...

Visitor
lucybug

Same here, What a joke I have trid resetting tried the acer website called acer was told I would have to call the pay for help number they would not even listen to my and mind you my warranty ended 4 months ago.

Established Member
carlthomas2002

Same here, they wanted £55 just for courier and diagnostic, then a proposal for the fix. This is apparently a known issue which they deny, so they won't recall them and fix. If there is so many people suffering from this, then Acer should fix this free of charge as a manufacture fault. :smileysad:

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: