Iconia A1-810 camera default location to microSD

Options
jdsystems
jdsystems Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Community,

For some reason when adding a microSD card to a Acer Iconia A1-810 Tablet the pictures coming from the camera aren't stored directly onto the card. 

After inserting a microSD card on other Android devices I get a message asking me to change the default store location.

This isn't the case with the A1-810. I checked the Android version but could not find any setting where I can change this. Normally it should be somewhere inside the camera application settings but there is no such setting.. A reset was done but still no luck.

Any idea if this is somehow possible and how we can accomplish this ? 

Thank you.

Wouter

JD Systems

Best Answer

• jdsystems
    Answer ✓
    Options

We were convinced that this was somehow possible... looks like our Acer representative badly informed us when presenting this tablet. Too bad. 

Anyway, thank you IronFly for pointing this out. Looks like RTFM wins again ;-)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    System settings/storage?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jdsystems
    Options

Hi IronFly,

Thanks for your response... but nope.. Only the overview of the used storage is shown for both internal storage and sd card.

It doesn't give me the option I am looking for.

• rqt
    rqt Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was possible to store direct to Micro SD on Jelly Bean, but haven't found a way on KitKat. (I'll just have to copy from internal memory to Micro SD after they're taken................)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Page 36 of User Manual:

Using the camera and camcorder

Your tablet features a front-facing and rear-facing digital cameras. This section
    will take you through all the steps in taking photos and videos with your tablet.

Note: You can only save photos and videos to internal memory, not an
    external USB storage device.

To activate the camera, open the application menu and tap Camera.

------

i'm just thinking if a third party Camera can fix this thing, like Google Camera

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=camera

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jdsystems
    Answer ✓
    Options

We were convinced that this was somehow possible... looks like our Acer representative badly informed us when presenting this tablet. Too bad. 

Anyway, thank you IronFly for pointing this out. Looks like RTFM wins again ;-)