Iconia A1 810, Sound problem, kitkat

Options
vnovosel23
vnovosel23 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi to all...i recently updated my acer iconia A1-810 to new 4.4.2 android KitKat. All is fine, but when I listen music, sound blocks every moment. How to fix this?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

music player?

music stored on internal or external SD?

file format?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vnovosel23
    Options

Music downloaded by Deezer. I can't try in music player or other apps because i don't have internet connection and no mp3 files on my tablet. But, updating system caused this problem. Everything was good before. I tried to do hard reset, but problem is stil here.

• IronFly
    Options

i'm sorry i don't use Deezer but looking at users reviews it seems a common issue:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=deezer.android.app

Lag and randomly stop between tracks. After latest update, I experienced lagging while playing track. Randomly stop between tracks also occurred.

• vnovosel23
    Options

Now i downloaded mp3 and play it...still blocking...

• IronFly
    Options

you mean, copied a mp3 file in the SD or internal storage and played with default music player?

• vnovosel23
    Options

Yes

• IronFly
    Options

I don't think that using internal storage will make an improvement and i think you already did it.

You also did an hard reset so.....i'm out of ideas.

Sorry, try to contact your Acer support.

• vnovosel23
    Options

How can i connect them? thx

• IronFly
    Options

What's your country?

• vnovosel23
    Options

Croatia

• IronFly
    Options
  • gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options
    I have also had this problem,only it happens when using Bluetooth speakers only.
  • gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options

Try. Uninstalling apps until you have at least 7 gigabytes,this worked for me it was the only way I Could fix this problem,mainly high power apps that use a lot of CPU usage.it also has to do with the RAM usage as well,and don't use apps that use a lot of RAM.also don't use games that use a lot of graphics Data,in order for the operating system to function properly,it needs at least 7 gigabytes Free space.

• CalRiderV
    CalRiderV Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. Audio stops for 1/2 second every minute or few minutes. Happens with Pandora, Spotify, BeyondPod (podcast player), everything.

This was all WORKING PERFECTLY on Android 4.2.

I really cannot believe Acer did not catch this in testing. It is so obvious. Acer tech support tonight (on chat) told me to just do a factory reset, erasing all user data. Does this revert back to Android 4.2?

4.2 had annoying Bluetooth problems where occassionally I had to reboot to get Bluetooth to reconnect. Grrr!

-Vince

• IronFly
    Options
    Adter the 4.4 update, doing any kind of reset doesn't revert to 4.2.
  • CalRiderV
    Options

Ok guys, I got the Bluetooth audio working with Kitkat 4.4.2.

So, I did the factory reset and this did not actually fix the issue like tech support promised because after Google reinstalled my apps automatically, Pandora was still skipping though not as bad (skip every 2 minutes maybe).

So I went in and disabled all Acer apps that did not look stock, figuring maybe some custom Acer bloatware app was misbehaving. That fixed it because now I do not get any skips (in fact I am typing on a Bluetooth and playing Pandora to a Bose Soundlink speaker).

Other than that, I haven't really noticed a big difference between 4.2 and 4.4.2.

So hopefully that helps someone fix the same issue.

-Vince

• CalRiderV
    Options

Sorry guys but after my tablet automatically updated some other apps, the problem came back!! I tried messing with the wifi power settings to no avail.

I also notice that quite a few YouTube videos play badly. The audio is fine but the video breaks up badly. It is certain videos and break up is specific parts in specific and consistent ways. I think the video codec is buggy.

So basically if you say "Yes" when your tablet wants to upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2 you will be stuck with these issues unless Acer comes up with a patch Smiley Sad

• coolcalmcollect
    coolcalmcollect Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I also have the problem since updating to kitkat and it is with any audio no matter what, any media player, video player, anything will have the problem. Basically audio glitches/skips every 10 seconds or so.

Please fix this Acer!

• vnovosel23
    Options

If acer don't fix this soon.but really soon, I'm going to get my money back..i don't want device with so big bug..so, i wanna hear (without sound bug) when wil Acer fix this?!

• coolcalmcollect
    coolcalmcollect Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Agree Acer needs to fix this, my device is useless at the moment. I cannot listen to any music and that is predomonatly what I use it for.  Please somebody from support at least acknowledge that you are working on this bug?