Ext sd card access permission

romalaurenz
romalaurenz Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So i have a acer iconia one 7 b1-770 and i noticed that i need to grant permission to access the ext sd card. That being said, some of the apps will request permission, BUT one of my downloading app doesnt request permission, although it CAN download directly to the ext sd card.

Now my question is , how can i grant it permission to access the ext sd without the need of it requesting. The problem is that it can NOT detect my ext sd card because (i think) it still doesnt have permission to access it. I tried installing another video downloader and tried to download directly to my ext sd card, by changing the download directory to ext sd card of course, and it requested permission. What should i do to make my first video download request permission? Or can i grant it permission without it needing to request?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

as far as i know, you can set a permission to a specific application but is the application that has to ask it.

so i would contact the application's software house/programmer and highlight this issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

as far as i know, you can set a permission to a specific application but is the application that has to ask it.

so i would contact the application's software house/programmer and highlight this issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • romalaurenz
    romalaurenz Member Posts: 10 New User

Well, i already know that but thanks anyway .... If you said that. It only means that it should be like that. (The app needs to request)  no other solutions here xD