Topic

Frequent Visitor
Stacemin

Broken charging port

We have an Iconia tab a500 and the power adaptor no longer connects. It feels as if something is loose I'm the socket when trying to connect the cable. It is definitely out of warranty, but I don't want to just throw it away. Does anyone know how we can send it in for repairs? We had to send it in when we first got it because of a broken power switch and were very happy with the service, but now I can't talk to anyone to even try to pay for repairs.

Help!
Stacey
Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Broken charging port

Please send me a private message with your name and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you regarding this.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Regular Visitor
BillT

I have the same problem with the charge receptacle on my A500.  The tablet has been dropped from my bed onto the carpet a few times while plugged in.  Apparently, it has fallen directly onto the side where it was plugged in more than once.  This has caused the plastic in the area around the metal charging port to chip and cave in.  Now the metal receptacle moves rather freely inside the case and the plug has to be positioned just right to get the tablet to charge.  Most of the time, instead of an orange charging indicator on the power switch, I see a blinking pale purple indicator on the power switch.  I have to unplug and plug the power cord in several times before it will show a steady orange indicator.  Even though the battery icon in the notification area shows that the unit is plugged in, when the purple light is flashing the battery is discharging.  My unit is covered under an extended warranty that I purchased from Wal-Mart when I got my tablet.    My question is, can the charging port and the chipped, caved-in plastic on the case be repaired or replaced or will the entire tablet have to be replaced.  Of course, if it has to be replaced, I certainly wouldn't turn down the latest and greatest 10" tablet.  My problem is that I have no idea how to backup my browser bookmarks, photos, or programs to the external sdcard.  One more item is in regards to the docking station as a charging platform.  The description at the Acer online store is not real clear, but it sounds as if the power cord plugs into the docking station and the tablet charges through the 40-pin connector.  Is this correct?  If so, then I could use the docking station to charge instead of sending the tablet in for repair.

I apologize for the number of questions in one post, but I could not see making a single post for each question as each question relates to a single problem.  I'd be more than happy to send a private message and have a technician call me.  Thank you.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Please send me a private message with your contact information, and I will have a technician contact you.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Frequent Visitor
canadamoe

We have a bent wore in the charging port....    what are our options.    iconia a110

Thanks

Pioneer
billsey

Not many when that center wire is bent over to the side. You *might* be able to bent it back, but you also m8ght break it off if it's too weakened. If you can't get it to recenter you are looking at a motherboard replacement.

Frequent Visitor
SSamm

My charging port is broken on my A700. Wont charge at all anymore. Please help. Want to get it repaired ASAP.

Thanks

Pioneer
billsey

Likely your best bet will be to contact Acer to get a repair. If that turns out to be too expensive you might try a local service technician, since you won't be any worse off if they totally screw it up. :-)

Frequent Visitor
fgriii

Hi 

I have and Acer Iconia A200, and it seems like I have a bad charging port. I need some information on getting the tablet repaired.

Thanks 

Fred Ripka

Frequent Visitor
aapicella

I have an Acer Iconia Tab A200 that is very good, but the power connector is loose and it doesn't always charge when the plug is in.  Lately its been harder to charge.  I have to put it in and press up or down to make a good contact.

This seems similar to what others have said.  I love the Tablet and would like to keep it if possible but I need advice on how to get this fixed and about what to expect of the cost.

Thanks Much.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: