Android Kit Kat 4,4 its USB does not work with PC

Options
jansan02
jansan02 Member Posts: 7 New User
I just bought new 10 inch Acer Android tablet with Kit Kat 4,4 but my USB connection to my PC (Windows 8) does not work. both tablet USB's seem otheiwrwise working OK (that is for tablet mouse and keyboard) and my PC USB's are OK, too. I think I need Kit Kat 4,4 USB driver for Windows 8. I found some drivers for tablets on page http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/ACER/Tablet.html but none works for my tablet model. Is there any place I can dowload the prertinent driver from? Thanx, jansan02

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

What model tablet did you buy? You can download all Acer drivers and software at http://www.acer.com, then click Support, then Drivers and Manuals.

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hello Jansan, What are you going to do with the USB connection when you get it to work?

• jansan02
    Options
    Hi, and thanks , I am answering both comments in this one: My tablet USB otherwise works OK with the provided mouse and keyboard, but not wth USB on my PC (Windows 8, the driver supposed to be already in the tablet but apparently it is not or it is not working, same thing :-) . So what I need is just the proper driver. And to answer other qwuestion: my tablet is model Q102, Android 4.4.2, firmware v4,5, kernel 3,3,0, processor ´Quadcore A31 series., brand new, bought last month,probably quite recent model. I have to check the links yo mentioned, last time I looked there I could not find no driver for my model. I tried drivers for models Axxx, none of them works. Question: the above lisiting of data is accompanied by mail address with word "ubuntu" which I believe is the version of Linux. Could it be that tablet USB would communicate only with Linux but not with Windows? Nothing like that was advertized in the sale add. My usage: I have to tranfer data files from PC to the tablet and vice verso (but not programs, fortunately). There is of course an external SD chip that can be used for it, too, but it is little bit clumsy way. t do it. It works and fortunately, I intend to use tablet mainly for study so I copied the textoobooks from PC to taht SD and after inserting the chip, copied it to internal SD of the tablet. After that I can work on tablet most of the time independently without the urgent need of any input or output. I have read there is however another way to connect tablet to PC via Bluetooth but I am not familiar with it yet. I do not consider connecting PC with tablet via wi-fi, it is not too reliable in my rural area. Jansan
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I'm not familiar with the Q102 model tablet. Are you sure it is an Acer tablet? If you send me a private message with your serial number, I may be able to better assist.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The Q102 tablets aren't Acer products, though the eBay listings for them often menton Acer they are really just trying to use Acer as a comparison. The only company name I see associated with them is Gooweel from Ali Express. I expect them to be one of the Chinese designed white box tablets that are resold by any number of resellers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jansan02
    Options
    Thanks again, that's it. Well, it's my tough luck. Jan
  • Leonid
    Options

Hi Jansan, the reason I asked about your plans is USB or Bluetooth is not a replacement for a network. You need a network to send files peer to peer. Your issue is not with drivers. The issue is you don't have a network. There are other messages here about this same issue (USB as a connection to another peer).

Do you have an Ethernet jack on your PC ?

Do you have a router?

Do you have a wireless router?

Any network will do.

Or use USB as intended:

You could use a USB: flash drive, DVD, HD, or an Ethernet converter.

• jansan02
    Options
    Hi, I have no problem with PC, there all works as well as internet - I can download all drivers there from net, they just do not work with tablet via USB. As I salso aid, I cannot use communication between tablet and PC via wi-fi (which ia another option), there is not strong signal here and of course tablet has no net conductive connection to net. .So I am trying now to use bletooth since I was told I can communicate with tablet withouy any net, apparently each computer has its ownshort distance transmitternasmitter and receiver. My PC has a bluetooth so has the tablet. When I learn more, I will try that. Tahnx again, Jan
  • Leonid
    Options

Sorry that was my mistake about Bluetooth.

• jansan02
    Options
    Hi, I just achoeved another success: I used special cable with smaller USB connector on one end (for tablet) and large on the other (for computer) and instead to PC, I just inserted in the ordinary memory stick, as adviced. It works OK. This is more advantageous than microSD which is not intended for frequent removal since it is mechanically more vulnerable. Does anybody know what highest memory chip I can use in order not to overheat the tablet ? So far I used only 1Gb stick. Mind you, this is only for short-time loading of files into tablet where I immediately save it to internal tablet memory and then I remove the stick again. As I said, my major application is to use the tablet for my studies as an otherwise independent system. This way I really do not need direct communication with Windows PC at all. Also, it is safer: memory stick has no DC source :-). Also, since my tablet apparently has Linux, it would not be too advantageous for me to commumnicate directly between tablet and Windows PC via USB. Just theoretical point, so far it did not work anyway :-). Still, I will try Bluetooth, just from curiosity - I'v never done it and my dentist does not not how either :-). If I suceed, I post it here, Thanx again, Jansan
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You should be able to use any USB memory stick without power issues, but there's no guarranty. The power budget changed between usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 and we don't know which is used in your tablet. I'd think, however, that 32GB usb 2.0 sticks wouold be just fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jansan02
    Options
    Hi, yes it has additional removable 32 Gb micro SD which I may replace with smaller one. For USB, I do not need more then 4Gb anyway and only for loading that is for short time. Tah ks again for your help, Jansan
  • jansan02
    Options
    Final word: I have tried Bluetooth and it works, in both directions. So i may say the fie transfer between PC and tablet (and vice verso)is solved - and even without cable :-).Thanks again to all, Jnasan
This discussion has been closed.