Acer Iconia A500 AC adapter/charger

Options
ldjnx
ldjnx Member Posts: 3 New User

The charger/power cord that came with my A500 when I bought it deconstructed after several months. I ordered what was described as a genuine Acer charger for the A500 from ebay or Amazon or someplace. It worked for awhile, but it never fit into the port like the original one did. It goes in part way and stops.

That was OK for awhile, but lately, it has stopped charging the tablet. I used to be able to get it to charge if I wiggled and fanagled it just so, and then taped the cord in place while it charged so it could not move. But now, I cannot find any position where it will charge.

I want to replace the charger with a new genuine Acer charger. I went to BestBuy, Geek Squad, and Radio Shack, but, incredibly, none of those places have a male charger plug that fits into the port on my tablet. I have found any number of chargers claiming to be genuine Acer chargers on the internet, but I need to make sure the male plug is the right one.

Are there specifications for that part of the charger that would allow me to be really specific about what I am looking for? Is it possible that I have a Euopean version of the plug? How would I know? Or do I just have to take a chance and order one and see if it fits properly?

Best Answer

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you checked our online store? Here's a link to the adapter we have qualified for the A500.

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.256676600

Hope this helps.

• ldjnx
    Options

I had not found that. Thanks. I'll give that a try.

• jjbraden
    jjbraden Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

This is exactly my problem , I got. A charger cord for my A500 tablet and it would only go in halfway. Would not charge at all.  I went to the link for chargers but it only gives wattsnot volts Most of the laanguage on the one that came w/ tablet is Chinese and only gives volts,so i am left not knowing which one of thechargers toorder. My cord says Model PSA1BR-120P... Input-- 100-240V~0.5A --  Output- 12V   1.5A . 

Sorry for mistakes but the email would not let me place  cursor! I need help to know which one to buy, so p!lease help.

• ldjnx
    Options

JJ...

The first (non-working) charger I got was advertised on ebay as a genuine Acer charger, so when it didn't work, I thought I was SOL. But then I got onto this forum, and I received the message from Acer (that appears just above my entry). They provided a link to somewhere on their website where I could order their charger. I clicked thru those links just now, and they don't show any chargers there any more.

I have my order form on file, so the charger I ordered was this one:

Product SKU

Product Name

Qty Ordered

Status

AK.018AP.027

18W Adapter kit with AC Clip/Plug

That one works fine. I should have taken this up with the ebay vendor, but I didn't.

Good luck. Hope you can still find this somewhere.

Larry

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

jjbraden wrote:

This is exactly my problem , I got. A charger cord for my A500 tablet and it would only go in halfway. Would not charge at all.  I went to the link for chargers but it only gives wattsnot volts Most of the laanguage on the one that came w/ tablet is Chinese and only gives volts,so i am left not knowing which one of thechargers toorder. My cord says Model PSA1BR-120P... Input-- 100-240V~0.5A --  Output- 12V   1.5A . 

Sorry for mistakes but the email would not let me place  cursor! I need help to know which one to buy, so p!lease help.

Watts is easy to calculate... It is equal to volts times amps, so your 12V 1.5A charger is 12*1.5=18 Watts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jjbraden
    jjbraden Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

THANK  YOU!!!!!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello all,

Another solution with this AC adapter (AP.0180P.002):

PHIHONG PSA18R-120P (original part) - Datasheet.

France