Acer A500 won't boot up tried reset option and it still won't boot up tried the pow and vol up reset

Options
odddavey
odddavey Member Posts: 5 New User
My Acer A500 won't boot up. I have tried the reset option and it still won't boot up. Also tried the power and volume up reset and that didn't work either. It gets to the Android man with the exclamation warning and then reverts to the Acer Logo and doesn't go any further. What can be done to fix this? Tablet was bought in US, I Now live in Ireland

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

If you are sure that the power and volume buttons will not restore your tablet, go to the support section, enter the details for your tablet and check the O.S section (operating system) and check to see if there is an "image" of your android system, you would download this to a computer, transfer it to a micro SD card, insert it in to your tablet, attempt the procedure you used already with the power and volume buttons, tell the device to boot from the micro SD card, hopefully the image will overwrite the image already on the device, much the same way as you would reinstall windows on a PC. There are instructions on the support site which will help. This link may help http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26778/~/factory-reset-and-microsd-recovery-on-an-iconia-a210,-a510,-a700-with-jellybean

• odddavey
    Options

The os is not on the Acer website anymore so can't get it fixed, what a shame, it was such a great tablet.

• roadwarrior796
    Options

Not sure which version of android you are running. Acer's lack of help is deplorable, would not blame you at all for jumping ship. I have the Acer A1-810, my wife has the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, eight inch and it's better than the Acer in every way.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• odddavey
    Options

Seriously thinking of jumping ship, a new nexus 7 looks good

• roadwarrior796
    Options

If you Google "Rom's for Acer A500", it will likely take you to the site, if Acer did their job all of this nonsense would not be necessary.

• odddavey
    Options

I got it before it was taken down.

Much appreciated, thanks so much

If their was proper support then we wouldn't have to try fix it ourselves, defo WILL NOT be buying Acer again

• roadwarrior796
    Options

Sad thing is, we customers,  computer fans, and programmers, do the best we can do to help each other, the moderators are more interested in the "company" view, without the customers, us, there would be no Acer forum, priceless.

• Warmongersworld
    Warmongersworld Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Yes i seem to have run into the same problem, a couple of days ago my Tablet just wont go beyond the Acer Logo, been about 2 days, has there been some sort of update to cause this issue? i love my pad due to the usb port it makes the tablet far superior to other tablets which you need a adapter to store files and such, i have had my tablet for over 3 years so i know there is no warranty, but i find it funny how there are alot of post with the exact same issue, i tried the power off, hold volume up trick and i get the message errasing user so on and so on and still nothing, i was considering going to a pawn shop or ebaying a tablet for my wife because she has had 3 and out of all she likes my tablet better but now i am hesitant to even invest in buying one

• odddavey
    Options

Seemingly its quiet a widespread issue, some people sent their tablet back to Acer and got a new motherboard when it was out of warranty for free, but they stopped doing this now. I wonder do they have a chip on the motherboard once it reachs x number of days then it doesn't work anymore, wouldn't surprise me. I defo will not be buying Acer again and will not reccommend my clients and family not too buy as well. diabolical support from Acer. Does any one want a 400 dollar frame?

Warmongersworld I hear the new Nexus 7 is fantastic, Will be getting one next week from the wife, she's hitting New York at the weekend.

• pelleberti
    pelleberti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

can you please forward me a copy of that update.zip file so that i can try it on my a500? thank you.

acer should keep that up for those of us who have that issue. wondering why they dont walk the talk of what a true support system really is and should be?

This discussion has been closed.