APP Camera Iconia A1- 830, appearance and/or listed as....

Options
Member Posts: 71 New User

Answers

• Member Posts: 71 New User
    Options

If could locate the camera app it could possibly be uninstalled, and reinstalled. The problem is I cannot locate same.

Options

There is on my tablet not an APP that is named "Camera"....

Options

Gallery, is the App not sure, though. The camera reports no connection a similar message appears for the Gallery.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Gallery is the app for viewing pictures. Try an alternate app for the camera, there are any number of them on the Play Store. I've used "Say Cheese Camera" in the past.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Options

Thanks, though tried the second camera, and the non-working interface appeared. Smiley Surprised 

Options

Robot Embarassed

Spoiler

Strangely enough both camera and gallery app disappeared no sign of the under App list, also. Curious, if after reboot will they return; cannot take the suspense....I saw a video where an individual claims that inside the tablet a small piece loosens thus camera non function. Afraid to open and press piece back into its intended location.

Options

Update, Reset did not bring the camera back to work. I believe, from watching a video where a man removed the back and reset a part-pushed inward, is the solution.

Options

My Acer Tablet is on the Fed Ex service road to Houston.

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

You've not had a lot of luck with your device, fingers crossed for a good repair and some trouble free times ahead !

Options

Yes RW a few difficulties thanks mentioning. After the reset the pictures were back with Life Image. It seems that any camera present various solutions. I saw a video where an individual took the back off his tablet pressed a small module? For the camera back into its pins? All along it was feeling as a solution to the camera problem. I could find a store that worked on tablets that extensively. Thanks again. Philip :-) 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I haven't been inside the A1-810, but in mine the camera is connected to the motherboard with a bundle of wires. The video was likely dealing with a mis-alignment issue where the camera wasn't quite pointing out the hole. If it were a connection issue they would have pushed on the wire's connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Options

My tablet was graciously fixed by Acer. The order srates: ?" Repaired FRUS". This is my solution!

Options

Yes, for this instance a reset, in an attempt to fix my camera, resestablished the pictures in the Life Image App. ❇

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Options

Yes RW' ACER graciously fixed my tablet's camera. The work disclosure states: "Replaced FRUS"-WHATEVER THAT MEANS.:-) RW' I must say that I love my Acer tablet it is so perfect to use....:-) :-) :-) :-) 

This discussion has been closed.