ACER A1-840 TAB 8: I broke the glass SCREEN

Options
A10
A10 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Diagonally from corner to corner.  Its still working.  Does anyone know where I can get it fixed?  How much might it cost?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It'll be a tough call as to wether it's better to fix or just replace the whole thing. Most decent technicians can do a screen swap pretty easily, but the cost is going to be determined by whether it's the digitizer, the LCD or both that is/are broken. The digitizers run about $30 or so, the displays closer to $70 and add to that an hour or so of labor, since the person doing it likely hasn't done many of them... The digitizer is the top piece of glass, the display is under that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It'll be a tough call as to wether it's better to fix or just replace the whole thing. Most decent technicians can do a screen swap pretty easily, but the cost is going to be determined by whether it's the digitizer, the LCD or both that is/are broken. The digitizers run about $30 or so, the displays closer to $70 and add to that an hour or so of labor, since the person doing it likely hasn't done many of them... The digitizer is the top piece of glass, the display is under that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • A10
    A10 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options

OK, since they cost under $100 NEW, and the new ones come with Lollipop5 over my4, I guess I'll just run it AS IS til it drops, then go for a new one

Thanks for the reply 

A10