Unable to connect ACER LIQUID Z630S to windows PC. Pls help

Options
aravihere
aravihere Member Posts: 5 New User

I am Dr.Aravindh from India. Recently purchased an ACER LIQUID Z630S smartphone. It was just working fine and connecting to my ACER laptop with ease but one fine day i wasnt able to transfer files to my laptop via USB cable. My mobile is not detected by my lap as a media transfer device. Only camera mode is enabled which leaves lots of data in my mobile.... When i checked with trouble shooter, windows says some driver is missing/corrupt. Unable to install the driver downloaded from Acer site. Kindly helpacer driver trouble.JPG

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    With the phone connected to PC:
    Open device manager
    Windows logo key + x
    Device manager
    Search the phone as MTP device
    Right click it and choose to uninstall

Once done, disconnect your phone and reconnect it.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aravihere
    Options

hi Ironfly,

THanks for your suggestion. TRied what u said...it still doesnt work.... my device is shown as "unknown device" in device manager. It is detected as a camera device in the desktop page but when i choose MTP, nothing appears Smiley Sadacer driver trouble 2.JPG

• aravihere
    Options

But if i connect the device as camera, a pop op window pops immediately with an option to access my camera pix. Also,device manager identifies my device as T04 correctly. what do I do now ?acer driver trouble 3.JPG

• IronFly
    Options

connect it as MTP

double click the yellow exclamation mark

click on driver

then browse my computer for drivers

then Let me pick...

check if you have 2 entries on the drivers list and try both if one doesn't work correctly

• aravihere
    Options

Hey boss,

Tried what u suggested! didn't work...how to proceed further?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

1.) Right-click the yellow "!" and choose "update driver".
    2.) When given the option to connect to Windows Update, choose "no, not this time" and click next.
    3.) Choose "Install from a specific location (advanced)" and click next.
    4.) Choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click next.
    5.) Click the "Have Disk" button. Browse to C:\Windows\inf and choose the file marked "wpdmtp.inf

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/solved-mtp-not-working-on-windows-10-aniversary/391842ee-bacc-4e35-84e2-8089dfdbb0bf?page=3

or

(1) Go to C:\Windows\INF

(2) Type "wpdmtp.inf" in search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.

(3) Once you found it, just right click on it and select install. It will take a very few seconds.

(4) Connect your device to the pc.

• aravihere
    Options

Awesome Ironfly!

the second set of instructions u had provided sorted out the issue.So probably the INF file of the driver was problematic!

Just for the benefit of others with similar  problem (incase any), I am reposting the key steps:

(1) Go to C:\Windows\INF

(2) Type "wpdmtp.inf" in search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.

(3) Once you found it, just right click on it and select install. It will take a very few seconds.

(4) Connect your device to the pc.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome.
  • warkim007
    warkim007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also experienced the same thing, thanks for the help to solve this problem

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome.