Liquid zest Plus. Phone will not ring. Only vibrate.

Options
Dave7
Dave7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
All audio works fine except for the ringer on the phone and messenger. When we get a call the phone only vibrates. Also cannot select any ringtones in settings, No sound when you press on different ringtones although on notification sounds it works fine. We have two of these phones in our home, both are having the same issue although they did not start at the same time. In settings the ring volume is turned to Max.

Best Answer

• Dave7
    Dave7 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

The phones are only a couple weeks old, system update wasnt needed- no new updates available and wanted to save factory reset for last resort. I did call Costco tech support where I bought the phones and they put me through to Acer tech support. Of course they had me do all the obvious stuff, settings, turn sliders up, that stuff. What they eventually suggested was turn the phone off, then hold the power button down for 20 seconds and let the phone power up again. Voila! worked for both phones, they both now ring audibly on phone and Messenger. I had powered the phones off and on previously but holding the power key for 20 seconds was the trick!  Thanks for your help, hope this helps others.

Answers