Liquid E700 trio with failing display

Options
iurly
iurly Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an issue with my E700 trio that's driving me crazy.

At some point, with no apparent reason, the display either

a) refuses to come back on (if it was off due to standby), or

b) goes all fuzzy, either freezing in "weird-color mode" and/or some trembling, or with some "white-noise" pattern being displayed.

In both cases, the phone just loses any reactivity and/or reboots. After rebooting, it will most likely fail again within 1 minute, entering some sort of loop which I can't seem to break, except for just waiting for it turn itself off after a few cycles.

If I leave it off for a few hours, it's possible that I can turn it back it on and have it working for a few more hours.

Some background information:

- I had some issue with the tactile screen being partially unresponsive, so I sent it in for a screen replacement around october last year.

- I accidentally dropped it and cracked the tactile glass around May this year. The phone was still working afterwards though.

- The issue started around September (perhaps after dropping it a second time)

- A few weeks ago I noticed how ALL the screws were completely loose, and actually one of them had gone missing

- After tightening the screws, it started working again without any issues for a few days, then the issue came back again.

I assume I can't claim any warranty because of the crack on the screen.

Could it be some wiring issue? Perhaps the guys at Acer repair center forgot to put back some insulation on the display flatcable after replacing it, pretty much like they forgot to tighten back all the screws?

I also suppose I could replace the display+screen, but how likely am I to fix the issue by doing so?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

b) 

issue is not a tactile problem, looks more like a bad ribbon/cable connection or GPU overheating. I had an Acer S2 with nearly the same bad color issue and after a while it died, it was the GPU overheating.

Probably after the drop, something is creating a short on the circuit or the CPU/GPU chip is overheating.

So i'm not sure you can fix it, just changing the LCD and touchscreen.

I'm not an Acer employee.