Can't sync contacts to liquid zest plus phone.

Options
ps_man_1961
ps_man_1961 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently purchases a Liquid Zest Plus Phone.  I had one before and was able to sync my contacts from yahoo and microsoft. I am not able to sync my contacts on this phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you had another Zest Plus and you were able to sync Yahoo and Microsoft?

or you had another android phone?

you can sync Outlook and Yahoo using gmail, they add this settings, just choose to add another account on gmail app.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ps_man_1961
    ps_man_1961 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had another exact phone and was able to add the contacts from yahoo or the microsoft outlook app.  I don't remember how I exactly did it.  I will try your suggestion when I have a chance and let you know the out.

Thanks for your suggestion in another thread.  My bluetooth did not work. I had to reset the phone and it fixed the problem.

Kind Regards,

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you download the outlook app, you will be able to synce the contacts.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vivsim
    vivsim Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have a new Acer Liquid Zest Plus.  My calendar and contacts are on Outlook.com.  I've been able to sync them by installing Outlook on the Acer.  While this solves one problem (i.e. making contacts available in the e-mail app), it doesn't solve the more annoying one, which is having the contacts readily available when I want to make a phone call.  I can go into Outlook and make the phone call from there, but that's inconvenient.  I really want to click on the contacts icon and make the phone call from there.  Does anyone know of a way I can get the Outlook.com contacts to sync with the phone's contacts so I can do this.
    It really seems that Acer is going backwards by being so close-ended, and it was very annoying to discover this after I'd spent some time  trying to figure out how to set the darn thing up and discovering that I'd have to install Outlook if I wanted to sync my contacts and calendar.  I've had a cheap Samsung for the last six years, and I can use Outlook or Google for calendars and contacts on it by defining the e-mail address (in my case, an Outlook address) as an Exchange address.  Simple, but it won't work on the Acer.