Acer liquid zest plus Android Wear App crashes

Options
CosmoAgostini
CosmoAgostini Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Android Wear stopped working after the latest system update from Acer. please fix. My Android phone no longer work.

Best Answer

Answers

• the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    Options

At what point does the app crash ?  Right when starting it, or after running for a while ?

I don't have a smart watch, but I installed the Wear App, faked connecting it to my PC bluetooth (instead of a watch), and it did try to set it up and all.  Then when I exited and went back in, it shows me all the expected app screens, but still tries to connect to my watch (which obviously it can't, since it was my PC ) Smiley Happy

After the last update, did you do a factory reset ?  Unfortunately, many of us noticed that there are a few things that will not be set properly if you DON'T do a factory reset after the last update.  Example is the DTS sound.  Even though it was fixed in the latest update, you would not be able to see/hear it, unless you did a factory reset.

I know it sounds crazy and rough, but it is not too bad... Other than browser downloads, and photos (assuming you are not using google photos), most of the other stuff, like contacts, app settings, etc.. are backed up on your google account (assuming you did not disable it).  After a factory reset those things are easily restores from google account.

I know, noone likes to reset phone, but in this case, it was unfortunately a required thing to take advantages of the fixes in the latest firmware.

• CosmoAgostini
    Options
    Android Wear could not start at all. I tried power off and on many times. It always come back with a dialog saying "unfortunately Android Wear has stopped". The App is from Google. I uninstalled and reinstalled it from Play Store many times. It used to work well until the latest system update from Acer. I need this app to use my watch as a phone.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • the_emporium
    Options

Well, the app starts and seems to work pretty fine on my Zest plus with latest update.  OK, it tries to connect forever to my make believe watch, but it does not crash, and I do get the main screen with the apps shown.  It does not crash.

Other than a factory reset, hard to recommend too much Smiley Sad  Odds are that whatever the changes to fix the DTS sound, and other small issues has side effects to other aspects of the OS.  Only clean way to ensure a clean start is for factory reset.  I hate recommending it, but this update has proven that it indeed is the best option.

Other option you can try is to go to Settings-->Apps.  Find the Wear app, and then clear the Cache and Data of the App.  This will force reset all the Wear app settings (and you'll have to resetup your watch), but at least all settings will be cleaned up.  Just uninstalling may leave behind some settings/files/cache.

• CosmoAgostini
    Options
    Will I lose all my data upon a factory reset? I hate to do that. When will the next system update?

Or better still, how do I back out the last update?

Thanks
  • the_emporium
    Options

I hate to do factory resets also.. Yes it does delete all the data.. But at least contacts, wifi passwords, applications and thier settings (unless sideloaded) are backed up to your google account (assuming you did not disable that feature).  I usually just back up my pictures, any downloads, and viber messages, and do a reset.  Upon reinitilization, the phone asks if you want to setup from another phone (answer no), and then once you put in your google account, it asks you if you want to restore from a backup found on your account, and if you want to restore all apps, os some of them..

Don't get me wrong, it is waste of time, and annoying.. But if done right, you don't lose anything. 

No idea when the next update will be.  "Most" of us here are just users like you, not employees of acer.  And even if the next update comes around, it will probably still need to do a factory reset.  The updates are just patial patches to the OS.  But once installed, they permanently patch the OS.  But in some cases a complete reset is needed to be able to allow the apps/os/kernel to properly initialize things.  This is what many of us experienced after the last update in order to get the DTS functionality to work again.

Unfortunately no way to back it out either.

• CosmoAgostini
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Appreciate your help. I will try reset.
  • ABUSHOK99
    ABUSHOK99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I need arabic lang
    عايز تعريب لهذا الجهاذ