Acer liquid E700 trio-> update on Android 5.0 lollipop

Options
2»

Answers

• docccy
    docccy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

No update. ACER wants to sell - not work on updates!  After trying the Liquid Zest Plus (after the E700 trio) I have no switched to Samsung and bought an J5 Duos. With Samsung you have thousands of possibilities to upgrade the firmware and to get alternative firmwares...so no more ACER

• roberto3
    roberto3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Unfortunately I also bought an Acer E700 smartphone.
    If I’d knew that ACER never supports for any kind of upgrade, I did not buy it.
    No more Acer products in my future !!!

• macron0
    macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    Options
    So. now my bank is forcing me to update to at least android while my e700 is still working fine on 4.4 I know I have to move to a new phone somewhere next year because they are going to remove all 3g stations in favor of 4g which the e700 does not have and I loose my internet connection this way.  But my e700 works fine! It is still not slow the 2 gb ram and quadcore cpu, 128 gb sdcard do their job just as good like they did 6 years ago. I do not need kids toy apps. I just need my email, youtube, browser, twitch, telegram, and my banking app. And they all work fine and don't give me that super lame security excuse because if they really wanted they just compile their own tls/ssl connection software right into their application and connects would be just as safe as the latests android. Just like you compile openssl voor the older linux distros.
    Comm'on acer why did you never release android 5????? and where is the next tripple sim phone? I need my phone for one more year

• macron0
    macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    cmvrgr said:

I disagree. Acer builds mediocre products. They are cheap and too defective. I have bought already 2 laptop, 1 desktop and 2 phones. Every product had many hardware and software problems.

I will just comment the E 700 that I bought because I liked the tri sim option.

+ Posivites

1. Tri sim

- Negatives

1. Bad camera …. too bad even for a cheap phone.

2. Slow and slangish even with 2 GB Ram

3. The signal strength is reniculus low with both 2g/3g.

4. Slow data speeds with other HSPA+ phones i get double speed.

5. Low build quality.

6. The first update 1.0.14 had destroyed my phone. I had to do an firmware update. For someone that is not computing literated that is too bad.

7. No software updates

8. Lack of Language support like Greek.

Opinion. Never Again an Acer product. For sure I will not buy again.

I disagree. yea I know it is 4 years later but I just loved my e700

Besides the lack of upgrades this is/was an amazing phone with super value for money. I now have to stop using it (in august 2019) because I cannot use my banking app with android 4.4 anymore (shame on you acer for never releasing 5.1). That's not a hardware problem but a software issue. The camera is not that great but back in 2014 when I bought it the camera was way better than my older sony xperia pro. Only replaced the battery once.
    I am going to miss my 3 sim setup. :(:( no one makes those anymore.
    heck it is even very hard to find a good phone with dual sim and dedicated sdcard slot these days.