Acer e700 acer nav how to set it as default naviation app

Options
macron0
macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hello,

How do I set the acer nav app as the default navigation app on my e700? Now google maps is always used and I really do not like it.  It always send me in weird routes and some how I am always driving a bit next to the roads. 

My phone is on kitkat 4.4 and rooted if that is any help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

what do you mean with defaul navigation app?

if you search places on google maps, this will automatically start google navigator and can't be changed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • macron0
    macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

I often use an app called "All Motorhome Parkings" on the play store. Here you can locate a location you can go with your motor home and touch "route". It gives me 4 opens. 1: navigation (grayed out) 2: Sygic (which I do not have) 3: maps 4: Other

When choosing "other" instead of maps it still opens Maps for navigation.

The same goes for an app called "markplaats" a sort of ebay for the netherlands. (I think ebay even owns it) You can locate where the product you want to buy is located and tap a route button.

When I touch the route button I get a pop up asking me how to open it. Chrome or Maps are the only options.

Now maybe Igo (which I also have) might be an "alien" app but the Acer Nav app is installed by default on the phone. Why can I not choose this one for my navigation app.

Now I always have to go through a lot of trouble not to use google for navigation and launch the app manually and enter the address.

This seems very very very old fashioned and feels like some sort of sabotage from google to force people to use maps instead of somethings else. But surely more people have this problem or I am just not seeing how to fix this.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

ok, now i understand.

it's like the Acer Nav application is not registered to the system as navigation application.

i think we can't do so much....something to ask to an higher level assistance; if you are still under warranty, giver a call to Acer support service and ask to open a ticket about it.

http://www.acer.nl/ac/nl/NL/content/service-contact

I'm not an Acer employee.