Acer Liquid z630 battery issue

Options
2»

Answers

• abeloin
    abeloin Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I've returned the phone so I wont be able to help you get an MTK log. Honestly, this should have been asked 3 weeks ago!!!

As to duplicate it, I was able to get the same behaviour with 3 phones(the original and 2 replacements(suggested by Acer over the phone)) from Costco Canada. So I guess you were not using the same build image as those sold in Costaco Canada or not using the phone as normal user would.

The phone's image where:

Image:Acer_AV0L0_T03_RV01RC05_PA_CA 

Build: Acer_AV0L0_T03_1.005.00_PA_CA

1. Open the phone the first time, fill in the google account and acer id stuff.
    2. Try to open the amazon shop, it will close without warning. You will be unable to uninstall it as it will state it isn't installed. Also Google play should be trying to install updates.
    3. Looking with the "Show CPU usage", you will see ksmd being in the first process running.
    4. Redirect an adb logcat session to a file
    5. After a while, search for "com.amazon.mShop.android-*", tmp*.vmdl, AmazonMobileShop
    6. There should be plenty of log

I posted this in another thread, from a logcat session, which repeated multiple times

D/AppManagerInstall( 1275): com.amazon.mshop.android: Prepare installed....
    I/PackageManager( 696): init_copy idx=0: InstallParams{281719cd file=/system/etc/oem/AmazonMobileShop_US.apk cid=null}
    I/PackageManager( 696): startCopy UserHandle{0}: InstallParams{281719cd file=/system/etc/oem/AmazonMobileShop_US.apk cid=null}

• Jbones
    Jbones Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Is there a solution for this yet? I've been following this log and have exactly all the same issues with my phone. On my my second device now. Hoped that the problem was only with the first on I had. I have 5 day on this device before i can't return it to walmart. so frustrated. I would also would like to say that i am in canada aswell in case there are different builds in different regions.  I going to run the logger on my phone to see what is comes up with and post it. 

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

No, we are still looking into this. At this time, we have not been able to duplicate this issue. Can you please provide a log for us to review?

Turn on MTK logger

1:Input *#*#2237332846633#*#* in the dial pad to enter Engineer Mode.

2:Move to the tab with “Log and Debugging.”

3Smiley Frustratedelect MTK Logger menu.

4:Click on the play button at the bottom of the screen.

1. Allow the log capture utility to capture the log for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

You can find the MTK log folder in SD card or phone storage.

• Jbones
    Jbones Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I ran the logger for 40 minutes. Not sure what file I need to post here or how considering there are a few file within the  MTK log folder.