Acer Liquid Z3 (z130) stuck in formatting /cache...

Options
SixDeadly
SixDeadly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hello guys, 

I have for the past 2 years an acer Z3 duo (z130). For the past 2 months i saw it worked very difficult and laggy so i tried a factory reset on it. after pressing on FR the phone is stuck on the droid animation. If i press on power button the animation stops moving and on the bottom of the screen appears written: 
update_package = (null)...
Formatting /cache...

I can remove the battery to power it off. When i turn it on, if i keep pressed down key, it stops at acer logo, if i keep pressed up key it goes back to the droid animation. I cannot enter in fastboot. Also if i press any volume key while the phone is closed and put on a power source(USB connected to PC or charger) it starts automaticly to the droid image. 

what can i do to restore it to it's defaults, taking into consideration i cannot get to fastboot menu?

--LE it is z3 not e3, my mistake, but the problem is the same

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you remember your build number or image version, you can try to flash an zip file from recovery:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4889;-;Z130

click on OS tab and download the correct version, have a look inside the zip file if there is another zip file, you must use that or simply copy the downloaded to a microSD.

insert the microSD on your phone, boot to recovery and choose to update using a zip file from the menu.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SixDeadly
    SixDeadly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi IronFly,

Unfortunately i cannot get into recovery. 

Power + Volume down  = acer logo and not going further

Power + Volume up = droid animation (power + both volume buttons - same thing)

i wanted to try that, but with no luck.

Considering it's an old phone (over 2 years), i think it's out of warranty.. Is there any chance to do a physical factory reset, like in desktops or laptops when removing bios battery? Or what other solution exists? 

It's a cute phone and i would like to keep it as a backup when my stronger phones decide to "take a break".

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

check private messages

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FENLY
    FENLY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My phone acer liquid Z130 also stuck on update_package = ( null).... formating/data  ... can you help me how to fix that problem 

• Pribaudelaire
    Pribaudelaire Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My phone acer liquid Z130 also stuck on update_package = ( null).... formating/data  ... can you help me how to fix that problem tnks