"display incompatibility" Windows 10

arnnknight
arnnknight Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire AZ3-605-UR-23 - great computer!  After buying it I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and am eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10 and am having a problem in doing so.  I put off accepting the upgrade after they installed their little icon and kept nagging me to upgrade; did not have time.

Woke up on 22 June [28 days ago] to find it loaded on my computer overnight.  I rolled it back to 8.1.  I tried yesterday to download it and their compatibility program tells me my display is not compatible with Windows 10.  I checked the display adapters listed on the device manager and both of them [glance and Intel [R] HDGraphics 4000 utd are up-to-date and the Digital Signer certifying this is Microsoft Hardware Compatibility Software.  Isn't this the same software MS is using to tell me that I have a problem?  I did try to further check to see if the drivers needed to be updated and kept getting the same msg about them being up-to-date.

At the acer site I see something about drivers for VGA but have not a clue what this is -- actually, anyone reading this probably realizes I have not a clue at all.  It seems like if the Windows 10 could have been downloaded on a forced download I should be able to  download it by attempting in on my own.

Any help is appreciated

thanks!  daisy