help drivers out of date

Options
Lakeside5
Lakeside5 Member Posts: 1 New User

ok so i have an all in one acer. and an HP printer.  My printer keeps saying the printer could not connect to the internet.  Had his printer for about a week.  Called HP and they said it was my compter, drivers not uptodate would cost 79.99 second person sai 119.00.  And of course i said NO Bought it to email documentsr not be able to ready to take back to best buy.  any last min help would be great.  Thanks in advance

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Little confused, You saying you bought a HP Printer? This printer is not connecting to the Internet? and HP support is trying to say that your problem is with your Acer computer?

I guess my question is, How does your printer connect to the Internet? Is it connected to your computer via USB and it needs to have your computer connect to the internet (But Drivers from your Acer computer (Needs updated) is stopping this intertnet connection?

I don't know what Printer you have but sounds like some one is pulling your leg? IF I was you and that printer isn't working I would take it back and get one that is Wireless (If you have a wireless Router) or one that is connected over ETHO if you only have a Wired Router...... 

Only thing I have heard of is software that would need to be installed on the computer to be able to access the printer to Print, scan or Fax if you have a all in one printer..... Also make sure if you do take it back look for one that is compatible with your OS. not all printers are able to run on all Windows..... IN my setup I have 3 printers, 2 HP's one Office Jet, one Photo Smart and then I have a Brother buniness smart. All Wireless only 1 has built in email server printing so I can print from anywhere I can send a Email. I don't need them all but they all serv my needs. The HP Officejet is the email enabled one, also gets ink when needed without me having to worry about going to the store for it. Its low it oreders it for me....

James