acer aspirez5600 - Erratic screen activity; can't touch or use mouse to set time zone

Options
vze81cra
vze81cra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Win 7 premium; for the time zone portion, the drop down panel won't let me select my time zone; screen defaults back to top of screen; Have  used e-recovery but the problem still  persists.  I have been trying to completely reformat the drives, but can't so far.  In trouble shooting, I'm thinking it is my cmos battery; have taken my system apart but can't find the RTC BATTERY SOCKETSocket; Exactly where is the cmos battery located; the service diagramlist it, but doesn't say how where it is located. Appreciateany assistance. Mike.  

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    1. Is that when you power on the unit, the time gets rolled back,.
    If Yes, your Doubt on CMOS Battery would be right
    If No, then I see this unit is a touchscreen, if Yes, have you tried to disable the touch function, and also does the same happen with any other program you try to access,.
  • vze81cra
    vze81cra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Kudos sathya0403, appreciated the suggestion, however I think it should be noted, I did a e-recovery to the factory default and was able to select  time zone drop down panel for once, but  it still defaulted back to whatever the first zone that was listed.  An other suggestions would be greatl appreciated. I will still tr and turn off the touch screen; will keep ou posted. Take care.