acer aspire z5610 all in one bios password help

Options
graffx27
graffx27 Member Posts: 3 New User

hey all, sorry for my english first.

My children played with my z5610 aspire, and now when i boot my computer, it ask me a bios password.

I can't boot on other way, someone could help me plz? All my work is lost cause it's the only one computer i have.

How to reset bios?

Is there a key for other way to boot? (fn+f10 , ESC, del, and others dont go over the bios password)

All key i press does nothing. Only bios password at start and noting else.

I am lost.

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

It sounds like someone set up a disk (system) password on the computer.  They would have entered the exact password twice to set it up.  So it's usually not the result of "playing" with the computer.  Someone has to be fairly savvy to set up the BIOS and/or system password.  I suspect whoever setup the system password knows the password and just doesn't want you to have access to "their" computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • graffx27
    Options

yes, by "playing",  i meant "gone in bios for insert a password without knowing what he was doing".

My children got 8 and 10 and what now? They dont remember what they did on the computer.

I can take the hard drive for  back up my work but i dont have another computer for copy it.

It's an emergency for my job, i really need a solution Smiley Sad

• graffx27
    Options

and i dont find cmos reset Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Google is your friend. Smiley Happy

Check private message.

I'm not an Acer employee.