Z3831 Bios limits

Options
ZundapMan
ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

What is the maximum addressable RAM on the Apire Z3831-UR21P All-in-One?  The board description says it has four slots but they may be limited to 2GB chips for a total of 8GB given the age of the unit.  Anyone?

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

I apologize but I am not aware of at Z3831 series All-in-One. However, we I do know of an Aspire Z3731 and it is capable of up to 8 GB of DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

I apologize but I am not aware of at Z3831 series All-in-One. However, we I do know of an Aspire Z3731 and it is capable of up to 8 GB of DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM.

• ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

My question is a little broader than just RAM.  There are a lot of on board chips which limit things, like the speed of the SATA controller (not the drive attached to it) and so on.  If I were to repace the HD with a SATA SSD and move the HD to an eSata enclosure what is the maximum transfer rate SSD I would need to get as much benefit from the SSD as possible?  Also, is it possible to boot the system from the eSATA connector to an external drive rather than only directly from the HD by selecting an attached drive in the BIOS when the system is turned on after connecting the eSATA drive?