Upgrading memory issue, daughters Aspire Z5710

Options
Hetstaine
Hetstaine Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi all, i am trying to upgrade my daughters all in one from 4gb to 8gb. I checked all of the ram specs and brought 2 x Kingston (KVR1333D3N9/2G) 2gb 1333 DDR3 pc3 10600 cl9 240 pin sticks. 

Factory memory installed is 2 x 2gb PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin.

When i put the extra ram in the pc boots to a black screen, no access to bios or anything else. Take the ram out and leave the factory ram in..all good. Is there a reason why extra ram will cause the pc to not boot ..as in, are these units unupgradebale ?

The memory hole remapping option in bios is set as Enabled and i couldn't find anything else in there regards memory options.

Any help would be muchly appreciated as i was trying to get this done for her befpore christmas so she run shaders in Minecraft and is limited with her current 4gb. Smiley Happy

cheers

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i don't understand one thing.

your all in one, has 2 ram slots and it already has 2x2gb ram sticks, why you bought another 2x2gb?

or you wrote it wrong?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Hetstaine
    Hetstaine Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The machine has 4 slots, there is 2 x 2gb in from factory and then 2 x 2gb that i purchased.

Problem was solved last night though, the ram i purchased is faulty as i got hold of two more sticks last night and they work fine. Mchine recognised the extra 4gb once i put the second lot of new ram in. I tested the other ram on another machine and it would not work in it either so returning to retailer.

Unfortunately the extra ram didn't give the machine the get up and go it needs so ..anyone want to buy a Z5710 Smiley Wink