Update firmare to reduce fan noise

Options
Se77en
Se77en Member Posts: 6 New User

I am the owner of Z3-710 with i5 CPU and Intel+nVidia graphics cards. Have to say very unhappy since found out neverending buzzing of fan is "normal". I don't think it is necessary to keep fan running on 1150 RPM even there absolutely no CPU or GPU performance. Also temperature is normal.

Having latest BIOS R01.A3 installed but there is no option to set fan speed to avoid unwanted noise. Have info from service that this noise is common even for other Z3 PCs. Really wonder if other users considering this noise as normal... For me it is very disturbing and pointless to listen fan. I have bought PC not beehive!

Believe the only one solution is to force Acer release BIOS update and reduce default RPM from 1150 to 800 or so.  Thanks

Answers

• CharizardXtras
    CharizardXtras Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    It is normal for certain computers, considering ehe fact that many computer's fans are not very quiet to begin with and that's ok Smiley Very Happy anyways if you want it to stop making all the racket you could try to blow all the dust out of the fan. Not with a duster with canned air which could possibly help you out! I hope this helps you! Happy New Year!

-Sincerely CharizardXtras Smiley Happy
  • Se77en
    Se77en Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Not a prob with dust coz PC is new. I respect both graphics cards and chassis fan running all the time but according to me noise produced is not corresponding with real performance.

• Ideas_Acer
    Ideas_Acer Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Thanks for getting in touch with us, Se77en.  Fan noise can be a real bummer and This is an issue worth looking into. I'm taking two steps in response...

1) I'm moving this post to the 'Desktop & Servers' Forum of the Community in hopes of getting some additional exposure to your issue and hopefully some feedback and support from other users.  Let's see if other have anything to say about their AZ3-710 and it's fan noise.

2) I am contacting some of our internal tech wizards regarding their knowledge/experience with the product to see if audible fan noise is something they are aware of with your model. This may take a while to get all the responses I want since CES is going on and we have folks on the road for that event, as well as a couple of other road trip events consuming their time and attention.  I will respond to this post again when I have more info to share.