Restart issue Windows 10 update to Acer Aspire ZC-105

Job-24
Job-24 Member Posts: 7 New User

A very good day to you All

Acer Aspire ZC-105 19.5" Non Touch AMD-E1-25004GB 500GB DVDRW Windows 8.1 All In One

I have taken Microsoft’s Windows 10 update (I did inquire about this with Acer in February 2015 with no reply). There is an issue with making a Restart you can see videos of this on my Microsoft One Drive account.

I checked the Acer info and the first thing found is that this model is not listed as compatible for the Windows 10 upgrade (they haven't produced and test drivers for the computer). Which potentially means I need to put up with the issue until Acer produces the drivers; if that is the issue?

Wondering if this is a BIOS issue; I am sure this is not an isolated case.

I need professional help here; thank you in advance for your kind support, Michael.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's better if you set to public the video, without the need to login to a microsoft account.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Job-24

Thank's for that IronFly; have ammended the link, would you kindly comfirm it's ok.

• IronFly

yes, link now works without login.

let's try some troubleshoot:

1) check your BIOS version

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

now check BIOS version/DATE and report here

2) apart windows 10 automatic drivers installation, have you installed any drivers?

3) please try to turn fast startup OFF and check if this solve your issue:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

• mangoe
    mangoe Member Posts: 11 New User

Well here in Canada  my sister upgraded her ZS 600 All in one touch desktop from windows 8 to windows 10 last year,I did not see this model in the  Acer list for windows 10 upgrade compatibility,but everything works except for a few online games she play on facebook that will crash and reboot the PC, no problem in start up,I guess those online games that crashes the PC is a lack of Acer software for this product,never crashes when games was played in previous operating system windows 8 on computer, until after upgrade to windows 10,other than that everything is perfect and she likes it.

• Job-24
    1. IronFly have uploaded to OneDrive screen shots of; UEFI (BIOS) menus, BIOS version/DATE, under System Information and a summary of the Event Viewer all for you to see.  

I went into the UEFI and after the restart there were issues; Windows Live Mail 2012 was slow to work out of and Internet explorer would not open, I tried resetting, troubleshooting app to get internet explorer to stay open and in the end used System Restore to fix it.

1. Drivers there was an update for iTunes soon after Windows 10 update that I installed?

2. Turned fast start-up OFF; then did a Shutdown, a Start-up (videoed) and a Restart (videoed), issue still present the videos are on OneDrive.

Kind regards

• Job-24

Mangoe; now that’s interesting, you have compared my start-ups to yours, yes? 

You say crashes; are you sure that you don’t mean (Not Responding)?

• IronFly

I saw the videos and pics.

your BIOS is the latest so, no updates.

Acer doesn't support your model with windows 10 drivers, so i can suggest to try the AMD auto update drivers for your system.

Download this:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/autodetectutility.exe

run and check if any update is available, download it and install.

Turn fast boot ON again and check again your start-up issues.

• Job-24

History; Action Centre reported these issues upon Windows 10 completion including AMD Catalyst Control Centre. Received an AMD notification to install Radion-Crimson-15.12-Win 10-64bit; installed this and had issues Adobe and Word were Not Responding/freezing, had to Restore the system back, see the 3 screen shots (go to OneDrive).

I did receive an AMD notification around the same time of the action centre notification saying AMD video quality features are off by default, if this was reactivated then the update notification should stop reappearing, see the screen shot.

AMD Catalyst Control Centre; have opened see the screen shot, where do I go from here.

Run the AMD auto detect utility; it seems to be offering the same update, see the screen shot.

Kind regards

• IronFly

not good.

once thing to narrow some issues or try to start from scratch, is to do a windows 10 clean install but this means a complete HDD wipe, so you will need to re-install your software and backup your personal data.

• mangoe
    mangoe Member Posts: 11 New User

Only certain games on facebook that she plays reboot the computer or restart the computer after upgrade from windows 8 to 10 a direct reboot or restart the Pc,other than that everthing works great.

• Job-24

Have restored back to factory settings and updated to Windows 10.

It’s been an all day and night session for the PC.
    Just installed any Microsoft updates and made 2 restarts; the issue is still there (only with Windows 10), I am sorry to say, I have noticed, making a restart shows the boot menu keys on the bottom left together with a beep, it bypasses this on a normal start-up and working out of Windows Live Mail is slow. Shutting down and hibernation modes gives no problem. And if I was to go into the UEFI (BIOS) menu it create issues with Internet Explorer have noticed.

Uploaded 2 videos dated today’s date 21 Jan to my OneDrive showing normal start-up and a restart for you to see.

• IronFly

I think there will be no solution to this issue, since your model is not listed on the Acer's eligible models:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

probably it will need a BIOS update but it will never come. 

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I think you had better go back to windows 8.1 and create a factory default recovery drive if you haven't already.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26286/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUzNDE1NjI2L3NpZC9SRXhQdDZIbQ%3D%3D

• Job-24

Windows 10 has much more to offer than 8.1;

One of the biggest improvements is playing High Definition videos - file type AVCHD Video (.mts) the player can cope much better when playing these files, the video runs smoother.

There must be a way to impress/persuade Acer to undertake this one; as I am sure there are many of these models out there. The usual way that I contact Acer in the past and present; I have found to be the only way, there help is very limited. I did write to them here in the UK; received neither acknowledgement nor reply.

Thank you in advance for your kind support, Michael.