No boot device detected please insert boot media .

Options
draxxlys
draxxlys Member Posts: 4 New User

Just stops seeing the HDD , I tried a new hdd. two weeks later black boot screen with no boot device  detected. I even tried installing win7 sp1 home prem, ultimate from 8.1 no such luck? anyone , please just tell me Im stupid or somethin. thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

PC model?

factory default OS?

HDD is listed on BIOS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • draxxlys
    Options

Sorry bout that . Yep it would help to know the model 

It is an Aspire ZC-606 

It was preloaded with win 8.1

I of course detest any "8" version I think their as bad as Vista was or worse , An prayin that some miracle will kick Bill G in the butt an get back to what a functioning real comper is apperantly supposed to be for like " network 2000" an the great xp line then 7 and not all this bling a ling ding for advertise and directing where i surf. Bad Boy Bill.Sorry Had to say that!

Finally It dissappears off the bios and then maybe five mins or 48 hrs later pops back up and is back ! Ugh!

Thank You

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if BIOS keep loosing HDD from SATA devices, somethins is wrong on the HDD or motherboard SATA connection.

Since you already installed a new HDD and the issue still appears, i would check the BIOS version with the latest available on Acer support website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5342;-;Aspire%20ZC-606

and update it if yours is older.

if the issue persist, probably it's a SATA connection issue or motherboard issue, but this can be only checked by Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • draxxlys
    Options

Well Thats where Im at myself , I really only can see one or two things left , either the sata cable or the power cable to the hdd.as the bios ver is the latest and hasnt even been an update yet. thank god their is still two weeks left to get it fifty mile to the repair facility. but boy I sent in their reqest form and am waitingto hear back now ten days later? Go Figure? I am hopin I`ll jus drop it off the day before it ends an maybe they will just gimme a new one? you think . lol