My Acer Aspire, Web and Email refusal to operate via Windows

Options
Ebor_Fiddler
Ebor_Fiddler Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought this machine in January of this year and it is still under guarantee. Until recently it has behaved perfectly under Wondows 8.1. About three weeks or a month ago it suddenly decided that Windows Live Mail 2012 and Google Chrome were not worthy to contact the net. My curiousity made me try some of the apps on the "Start" page, eg News/Weather/Ebay all of which were accessing the web and working well. I also sent an email through the "Mail" app, using Gmail which arrived successfully. So the fault would seem to be from Windows.

Both the Web Browser and Live Mail say that the computer is not connected to the net, but the computer itself tells me that it is connected via my woreless router, which my experiments above would seem to validate.

I tried "System Restore" which would not work. Until that time I had allowed Windows Update free access, but have now altered my policy.

All advice welcome - HELP (please?)

Answers

• SANAWI3
    SANAWI3 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

HI !!!

SHUT DOWN THE LAPTOP FOR 5 mn and restart !

• Ebor_Fiddler
    Options

Sorry - already tried (and failed). Cat Sad Thanks for your help anyway.

I ought to have put the full model reeferance in my original post, but I was having trouble reading just then, so it got missed out. My Acer is a Desktop Aspire XC-603. My apologies if I misled! Cat Embarassed

Chris.

• SANAWI3
    SANAWI3 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

hi !!! ebor !!

plz try this program !!! it help me too much time ,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

• Ebor_Fiddler
    Options

Sorry - that looks just a little too dodgy to me. I was hoping for some manufacturer contact, seeing as the machine is still under guarantee. Are Acer not interested unless I want to buy something? I can see no easy way of contacting them directly - this is hardly good customer service = come on Acer, get your act together, please.