My 4 month old ACER Aspire ZC-700G all-in-one computer has been too slow from day one. Why?

RichardBurger
RichardBurger Member Posts: 2 New User

I got a new ACER Aspire all-in-one ZC-700G computer for Christmas. It is so slooow I can hardly stand to use it. It came with Windows 10. I am not impressed. My 12 yr old Dell computer with Windows XP was at least twice as fast as my new computer. Why is this darn thing so slow? What can I do to speed it up? I am using McAfee LiveSafe (for which I had to pay). Virus scans always come back clean. I seldom use the computer (since it is so slow) but when I do, I usually sell things on Ebay or Amazon. I never click on unsafe links or sites. Invariably when I am on Ebay, it takes several seconds (probably 3 or 4) to change screens or to clink on another link. I have to sit and wait constantly. Sometimes, it locks up and gives me some type of script error. Once in awhile, it totally closes ebay and gives me a message that it encountered some type of errer and had to close. I am very frustrated with this new computer. I wish I had my old one back but since Microsoft stopped providing updates for Windows XP, I had to get a new computer. The speed on my new computer has not gotten better (or worse for that matter) since day one. Why is this stupid thing so slow? I'm about ready to just change to Apple. Please help!!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Uninstall McAfee and check if it run faster.

use this tool to do it:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

then use only windows integrated antivirus.

if you are using the integrated browser ( Edge), please use something else, it's very buggy.

have a look at Chrome or FireFox

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RichardBurger
    RichardBurger Member Posts: 2 New User

I switched to using Mozilla Firefox instead of Explorer Edge. That might have helped just a little bit but not much. As for the McAfee antivuris, I only added that after the first 30 days free subscription expired. I don't want to uninstall it because I paid for a 1 year subscription. Plus when I installed it, the performance wasn't impacted in any noticeable way. My computer was slow before I added McAfee and didn't get worse. I think the problem (slow speed) is mostly due to Windows 10 being too buggy. I am not impressed with it. I think Windows 7 (which I never had because I had been using Windows XP) would probably be better than Windows 10. I guess I have to put up with this new dreadfully slooow computer because I don't know if I want to buy a new Apple computer. They are overpriced, plus I have never had an Apple. I have always had a Windows version computer but I am beginning to regret that decision. Any more suggestions? Thanks!

Richard

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Since your PC is still under warranty i would contact Acer support service, it's not normal that a webpage takes so much to load.

probably they will ask you to do a windows refresh to check if this can fix some corrupted installation files.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    First thing I do is 1. Uninstall all TRIAL WARE, that is help 100% 2. I also install IOBits Advanced SystemCare 9 (FREE) it will also let in install IOBITS uninstaller (FREE) put up with the annoying BUY NOW not needed. 3. follow #1 UNINSTALL ALL THE TRIALWARE. DISABLE Cortana (slows you down) Disable EDGE, buggy and worthless install your favorite browser or use IE. There are many good Windows 10 Forums to help you tune and what to Remove or uninstall. I do suggest you look for and find 1 to search and get help from.