July 26 looming and yet no solution for Acer Z5801 upgrade to windows 10

Options
Kobe
Kobe Member Posts: 1 New User

Since 2015, owners of Acer z5801 have been seeking help from both Acer and Microsoft concerning failure to install Windows 10.  So far no help is forthcoming from both Acer and Microsoft. Frustrated owners have vowed never to buy Acer again.  There is a moral obligation to help resolve the problem- You can't sweep it under the carpet.

If the issue needs to be repeated here: The notification says "your computer is compatible for upgrade"- making us believe we have no problems with the windows 10 upgrade. During the process of installation of Windows 10, there is a prompt to say the computer will have to restart several times. Frustratingly however, the computer would fail to restart on its own. Pressing the power off button only result in failure to install windows 10, and failure to recover the installation.  Then finally the computer just revert to the previous version.

Acer simply says only listed models are supported.  Yet they say other models not listed also qualify for the upgrade. In binary language, it's either 0 or 1.  If model z5801 cannot be upgraded, then don't us it is compatible for upgrade. We might as well save our time and write it off and look for a better brand! 

Unless Acer has good news at the eleventh hour!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry, but this model is not on the list of models that were qualified for the Windows 10 upgrade, so we can't guarantee compatibility. You can see a list of qualified products at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models.

I am unsure as to why the Windows 10 upgrade would say it is compatible if it will not install. That check is done by Microsoft when you attempt the upgrade. Unfortunately, it does not appear we will be able to support Windows 10 on this model.

• Inky
    Inky Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

From what I can see then my Z5600 cannot be upgraded either and there is no resolution to it. I sort of coped when I had to dump an old printer when I went from a Windows XP to Windows 7 PC as a new printer is only £30. But to have a computer just a few years old which CANNOT be upgraded seems farcical.

• cribeiro
    cribeiro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

ACER does not care at all for their clients. Bought Z5801 by 1200 euros and upgrade to windows 10 is impossible. Just doing a clean install is that you can install Windows 10. After being in windows 10 if an upgrade to a higher version is required, the installation back to fail. If you want the latest version of Windows 10, I can not update because it is stuck in the 75% of the installation and back to restore the previous version. I do a clean install again, if I want the latest version .. Products Acer never again because they do not support their products. 1200 euros for two years, no! Never again! I've done updates to older computers and unbranded, who have made several updates to Windows 10 without any problem. Sorry for my English.