If I use Acer restore operating system on my Z5710 all-in-one

Options
Theo11-28
Theo11-28 Member Posts: 2 New User

My all-in-one Z5710 using windows 7 will not load windows start up and immediately goes into repair mode, goes through this cycle and says can't repair. I am unable go into safe mode or safe mode with networking and restore to last known working date trys but fails. If I use the built in operating system repair will this remove my photos which are in Picasa

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

During the system recovery process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend you backup your personal data before starting the recovery process.

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:
    Restart the computer, When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    Click Next to begin the restore process.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • Theo11-28
    Theo11-28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the advice.  My problem now is how can I back up my personal data before I go into system recovery as you advise as I am unable to access start mode.  Windows wont open and I cannot access safe mode or safe mode with networking to access start mode. 

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

In order to backup data you take the hard drive off your computer and slave boot it with another computer and you will then be able to transfer the files from your computer's hard disk to another one.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.