I just bought a refurbished z3 605 and I cannot get past the password says I must be online to setup

Options
M80
M80 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I need help getting started, how do I enable wifi how do I get it to accept my e mail password, the previous owner was online with it it says I must be online to complete account setup

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...

A Microsoft account is an email address and password that you use to sign in to Windows.

If you’ve used Microsoft services in the past—like Xbox, Hotmail, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Messenger, Skype, or Windows Phone—you already have a Microsoft account (it's the email address you use to sign in).

If you can't remember the email address you used with those services, that's okay—you can sign up for a new, free email address.

You also have the option to reset windows 8 from the login in screen and setup your computer a local account or Microsoft live account in your name.

You need to be online if you want to login into Microsoft live account. Local account can be use to perform all actions offline as in windows 7.

• M80
    M80 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you but this does not really help me proceed, do you have anything tangible that I may try?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

You may check for the "Skip" option and proceed with creating a local user account that does not require online acesses.