How to open up Acer Aspire ZC-606?

Options
Asdfguy86
Asdfguy86 Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Can I get some help from you Acer pros? I have an All-In-One Acer Aspire ZC-606 which I want to Upgrade the RAM to 8GB (The max it will go) so it might run a bit better. I have NO clue how to open it up! I don't see any screws on it anywhere on the back. Do you have to pry it open? Answers would be appreciated.

Exact Specs:
Acer Aspire ZC-606-UR24

Intel Celeron J1990

4GB RAM (For now)

450GB HDD (Seagate)

DVD-ROM Drive

Gigabit ethernet

1600x1200 display

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

to open the back of your ZC, you need to open the 2 rubber feet at the bottom of the back cover and unscrew the 2 screws; then with a pin you need to push in the little hole of the DVD drive until it slide off; then you can lift the back cover.

to access ram modules, you need to unscrew 2 screws of the right metal cover.

your system supports up to 8GB total ram (4GB x 2).

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

to open the back of your ZC, you need to open the 2 rubber feet at the bottom of the back cover and unscrew the 2 screws; then with a pin you need to push in the little hole of the DVD drive until it slide off; then you can lift the back cover.

to access ram modules, you need to unscrew 2 screws of the right metal cover.

your system supports up to 8GB total ram (4GB x 2).

• Asdfguy86
    Options

Thaaaaaahahahahaaaaaanksss! I am able to open it now! The 2 rubber feet were a bit of a hassle to get off, I will say.

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome.
  • Asdfguy86
    Options

How do you put it back together? Just sliding the case back inand putting the screws in?

• IronFly
    Options

yep.

• Asdfguy86
    Options

How do you get the CD drive off? I did everything except push it in. My tiny screwdriver won't do it!

• IronFly
    Options

Sorry i don't understand your problem.

• Asdfguy86
    Options
    When I try to push a small object in the hole of the cd drive, nothing happens. It doesn't slide in. I'm pretty certain I'm doing it wrong. Mind finding an image for where to push the screwdriver in?
  • IronFly
    Options

Sorry i don't have a picture.

• Simonbrew
    Simonbrew Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I removed the two screws under the rubber feet but I'm not sure about the next bit?? : "then with a pin you need to push in the little hole of the DVD drive until it slide off; then you can lift the back cover."

DVD: I think you want me to open the DVD drawer by inserting a pin in the hole in the drawer? I did this and it sprang open. So far so good. 

I don't understand "until it slide off". The DVD drive slides fully open/out and it slides fully closed but you cannot remove the DVD drive? 

EXACTLY HOW do you lift the back cover? Just by inserting a screwdriver gently all round the edge? This seems very risky as I think I will break some of the plastic hooks. I cannot see a safe way to remove the cover. Can you please explain or even better post a video? Sorry to trouble you..

• Asdfguy86
    Options

Basically you pry the back off. You do this by inserting a small flathead into the top corners, and work your way through. At least that's how I got mine open. I didn't deal with the "put pin in DVD drive hole" mumbo jumbo as all you had to do was eject it before I shut it off. Manual eject maybe?

• Simonbrew
    Simonbrew Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Many thanks - I thought that's what was required but I was scared I would break something..

• Asdfguy86
    Options
    Trust me I was too when I first opened mine up. It might make some scary snapping when you pry but that is just the snaps coming off.