How to get out of automatic repair loop for Acer z3 605 desktop

Options
kajaria
kajaria Member Posts: 1 New User

I just upgraded my Internet explorer and restarted the machine Acer Z3 605 desktop and it would not reboot. I get error message Automatic repair with option to Restrat or Advanced optionss. Restert option brings back to same screen and advanced options's suboptions dont work as trying any of option gives a message saying i do not have adminstration account. How to get out of this loop.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options

Hi!!

This solution is to disable the automatic repair from starting if your computer fails to boot into windows.

Step 1: In the screen, select “Advance Options” and finally "Command Prompt".

Step 2: You should now see the command prompt. Type "bcdedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Step 3: A list should have appeared. Towards the top, you should see "resumeobject" (It is under "default"). Highlight the long number, including the brackets, and copy. To copy, highlight the number and press CTRL + C.

Step 4: Now type "bcdedit /set (the long number you copied) recoveryenabled No" (Without quotes). Hit enter.

Step 5: You should now see the message "The operation completed successfully"

Step 6: Type "Exit" (Without quotes)

Step 7: Reboot.

Let me know once you are done. If any further issues, get back with exact wordings of error message.

I am eagerly waiting to know the result Smiley Happy

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)