Hi, My Aspire Z5600 is stuck on the Windows re-loader screen and I can't use the USB keyboard screen

don-one
don-one Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I hope someone can help with a problem I have with my Aspire Z5600 all in one computer. I can't re-start the machine because it is stuck on the Windows re-loader page when I try and reboot. 

The screen is a dark charcoal grey with white writing and gives me two options, in order to select either of the options I would need to use the directional keys on the keyboard and press enter to action the selection. The problem is the mode seems to have disabled the USB ports and the touch screen so I can't select and option by either key board or screen and it won't move on, is just stuck on this screen rendering the computer inoperable.

Can anyone give me a solution to rectify this problem please?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

USB must work even in that screen, have you tried another keyboard?

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

USB must work even in that screen, have you tried another keyboard?

• don-one

Hi IronFly,

Thanks for getting back to me.

No I haven't tried another keyboard. I originally typed me problem into google and found a forum where poeple had had a similar problem on the same screen and someone had suggested that mode disabled the USB's and you had to get an old fashioned keyboard which plugged in with the purple multi-pin connector which mine won't take. I took this as fact. 

I have other keyboards which are USB, one which is wired but still a USB connection.

I will try that one and let you know what happens.

• don-one

Thanks IronFly,

Used wired keyboard as described and worked first time. Appreciate the help.

Problem solved!

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy