Hello Im have a bit of trouble with my Acer aspire 5600U.

Options
Austn292
Austn292 Member Posts: 2 New User

When I turn it on the screen glows and it pop up a PC NO Signal realy fast and goes away then it does a dark screen and stays dark and it show that the power butten is still on b/c it glows. Could someone help me?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the 5600U has an HDMI out, try with a HDMI cable to connect it to an external monitor or TV.

if the external monitor works, probably can be an issue on the internal cable, if you bet a black screen on external monitor too, probably you have an hardware issue and only Acer support service can fix it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Austn292
    Austn292 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

ok Thank you we tried hooking it up to a TV and the screen is still black so we guess it is a hardware problem. Thank you .

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    It also could be you have FAST START turned on and also have the Boot Mgr set wrong. You have to be VERY FAST to select BIOS and remove FAST START. then check to see if you have your HDD selected as 1st BOOT, or not. and every ACER i have Laptop and AIOs have it set to DEFAULT to a USB when no DVD is available, what I would attempt in insert a BOOTABLE USB into and also a BOOTABLE DVD. see if it will boot to the USB or DVD.