Fan still running even no reason

Options
Se77en
Se77en Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello,

I have Z3-710 with i5 on Win 10 (Anniversary). Unpacked a week ago so no dust inside etc.

Current temperatures all in normal

CPU 45-50°C

GPU 40°C

HDD 36°C

Also HW usage in normal

CPU 2-5%

HDD 0-10%

RAM 60%

Can anyone explain to me why chassis fan still running on 1100 RPM and not slowing down even for a minute?!? There is no reason to keep fan running when no activity in Win! Don't know how to fix it...already tried:

- flashing BIOS

- updating GPU (Intel+nVidia) drivers

- stopping "superfetch" service

- changing power consumption plan

- Acer bloatware is uninstalled

Best Answer

• Se77en
    Answer ✓
    Options

After comparing to another Z3-710 with i3 CPU been told it is normal :-((

Reason why fan is still running is that my Z3 having 2x graphics cards (Intel+nVidia) so this noise is because of this. Funny is that i3 not better HW but the same headache noise.

Have to say this revelation disappointed me a lot and not happy to listen neverending buzzing. Think it is not normal to listen disturbing fan when browsing web or doing nothing difficult. Acer should release BIOS update asap and shoot down fan speed to silent level (like 800 RPM). You can support this idea here

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

The heatsink fan should run if the room temperature is warm and spin just fast enough to keep the computer running in the safe temperature range. The computer may have a cooling issue if you notice an increase in fan noise. If the air is cool, but still coming out at full-blast, there may be a system configuration problem. If the BIOS is set at default settings and if the fan is running very loudly non-stop, we would recommend contacting Acer support for your region from this link: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/.

• Se77en
    Options

Will try. Already spoken with local Acer support guy and been told fan speed should adjust to pefrormance. Anyway usual RPM is from 800-4000 so my stable 1150 not normal.

• Se77en
    Answer ✓
    Options

After comparing to another Z3-710 with i3 CPU been told it is normal :-((

Reason why fan is still running is that my Z3 having 2x graphics cards (Intel+nVidia) so this noise is because of this. Funny is that i3 not better HW but the same headache noise.

Have to say this revelation disappointed me a lot and not happy to listen neverending buzzing. Think it is not normal to listen disturbing fan when browsing web or doing nothing difficult. Acer should release BIOS update asap and shoot down fan speed to silent level (like 800 RPM). You can support this idea here