Cd dvd burner/reader not working Acer Aspire Z3-605

Options
Penny13
Penny13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

I went to burn an audio CD today and it didn't work. It started then said "error." I was using iTunes, so I switched to Media Player and it didn't even recognize that there was a new disc in. I tried a few different blank discs with the same results. It's not making its usual 'whirring' sound, either. I put a pre-recorded audio CD in to see if it would read it and it wouldn't. I've just updated my computer last night, so I'm guessing it's a software/driver issue. Everything is up to date, including the drivers for the cd/dvd player according to Windows. Please help!

Answers

• deadlaneman
    deadlaneman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    cant get cd burner to connect
  • MrMurphyone
    MrMurphyone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Can anyone please help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @MrMurphyone you should start a new thread with your problem instead of bumping an old one like this, so you will be able to mark it solved when things are working again. Include which model of computer do you own, the specific symptoms you are having and what you have tried so far. Include my handle with an @ at the start and I should get an email letting me know it's there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.