Can i upgrade aspire z3-615 with an SSD?

hayleywest95
hayleywest95 Member Posts: 1 New User

Is there space for an SSD in the all in one or can i replace

Answers

• demonwolf1982
    demonwolf1982 Member Posts: 8 New User

u can replace the 2.5 harddrive in ur all in one pc but make sure u get ur drivers for ur all in one pc ok that will be a lot easier than downloading them from the site sometime but still get them when u get windows reloaded and make sure they are the right ones the 2.5 harddrive that is installed only has one spot in the all in one pc so u will have to replace it 

• JBavl
    JBavl Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Haley, sorry about late response but lost my login.

Yes, I have done this with my z3-615 and highly recommend.  I got the following:

1.  Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE256BW)

2. Silverstone Tek 3.5-Inch to 2 X 2.5-Inch Hard Drive HDD SSD Bay Converter, Silver (SDP08)

3. StarTech.com USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable w/ UASP - SATA to USB 3.0 Converter for SSD/HDD - Hard Drive Adapter Cable

First, connect StarTech cable from USB to SSD and make full copy using Samsung software (check for update online and get latest copy, which is an option when you fire up the software).  This will take you some time, depending on how much data you have.

Turn off, disconnect power, and open back by holding support stand and removing 4 screws.  Take stand off and set aside.  There are three additional screws along the bottom.  Remove them and then slide the back slightly toward the bottom and it will then lift off.

You'll see the 3.5 inch HDD.  Remove the screw holding the HDD holder, remove the SATA cable in front, then slide HDD holder from tab across from screw and pull it out.  Remove the 4 screws holding the HDD to the holder and remove HDD from holder.  Screw new SSD to 2.5 inch bay with tiny screws, patience required.  NOTE - when you align new 2.5 inch bay with cover from HDD holder, the HDD holder cover opening does not align with new 2.5 inch opening, so you can not connect the SATA cable, UNTIL you get some tin snips and cut the HDD holder and peel back the metal about 1/2 inch.  You'll see what I mean and be prepared.  No big deal, but be sure that you do this or you can't connect the SATA cable.  Screw in 2.5 bay with SSD into 3.5 inch HDD holder.  Insert into slot on computer, screw in holding screw, plug in cable.  

Reassmble unit.  I always hold on the the stand with one hand while I screw in 4 screws that hold it so I don't strip those screws.

Power on and run Samsung optimization.  Run optimization a few times to fine tune.  Enjoy.

I also installed a second 4 GB RAM (there are 2 slots).

My z3-615 is now blazing fast.

Good luck.