Aspire Z3-705 Second monitor

chrisjames80
chrisjames80 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all,

I was wondering whether it's possible to setup a second monitor to my Acer Aspire Z3-705 - if so as there is no VGA input on it what do i need to do this?

Any help would be great,

Many thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can only connect an external monitor using the HDMI OUT port, so you need a compatible external monitor (DVI or HDMI IN)

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can only connect an external monitor using the HDMI OUT port, so you need a compatible external monitor (DVI or HDMI IN)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • chrisjames80
    chrisjames80 Member Posts: 3 New User

Many thanks for you help!!

• DukesRocks
    DukesRocks Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried using HDMI to connect to a secondary monitor and windows 10 would not detect the monitor.  I need to know if this is an Acer Z3-705 hardware/software issue or a windows 10 software issue.  I need dual monitors for work.  Anybody have an answer?

• ranjack0010
    ranjack0010 Member Posts: 4 New User

I don't have a soultion to your problem but I'm having the same with my E5-571P. I had been using my Samsung SyncMaster P2570HD monitor successfully for the past 18 months or so (resolution was not perfect but plenty good enough for most things). Then Microsoft pushed the Windows 10 Creator Update and now my Acer will no longer detect the second monitor. I have been trying unsucessfully for the past 3 weeks to find a fix but nobody seems to have a clue as to what or why this happened. If you should find a solution PLEASE post it on this forum! I will do the same.

• DukesRocks
    DukesRocks Member Posts: 2 New User

I wasn't able to figure out a solution.  The odd thing is the Z3-705 (all in one computer) was able to see my TV no problem using an HDMI connection.  On my TV I was able to expand my desktop, duplicate it etc.  I tried everything, from trying to download drivers, to 5 different helpdesks.  No geek squad had an answer for me.  I decided to return the Z3-705 back to the store and picked up an Acer laptop with a VGA connection.   Plugged in secondary monitor, no problem.  I decided VGA over HDMI because I used the computer for work.  I think the reason is because the Z3-705 is an ALL IN ONE computer with no VGA or any other monitor ports/connections.  The only connection ports on the Z3-705 were HDMI and USB ports. Therefore the TV is plug n play using HDMI because it allows for the user to view movies on a bigger screen.  However, when you plug in a computer monitor, the Z3-705 I think was not built with this in mind or it's a window 10 glitch.  Your E5 is a laptop, so your issue might be slightly different from mine.  If you do come up with the solution let me know.