Aspire Z3-615 touchscreen not responding Dec 2014

Options
Liz973
Liz973 Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry to be dragging a dead horse to town ... I have been all over the forums for 2 days and can't find any recent postings on this issue...

Bought this All-in-One Aspire Z3-615 just 2 weeks ago... yes, merry  xmas

About a week ago all the apps stopped working.  The pre installed things... calendar, mail, calculator, everything.  I didn't worry too much becuase i was rushing to get work done and thought it was fine - less things to distract me.

Now, yesterday, the touch screen is no longer working.

I am NOT techy and have no interest in diving in to codes or advanced settings.  I am not completely computer illiterate and I can follow instructions but I know enough to know that I can do some serious damage on my own.

When I look in my control panel there is no icon for Pen & Tablet

When I go to the PC info I get Windows 8.1, 64-bitoperating ystem, x64-based processor, No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display.

So - I restored to a previous back up... which did nothing because I only had 3 to choose from.  The one I chose was before the touch stopped working but after the apps stopped working (I think).  When the computer rebooted nothing had changed.

I tried to reinstall drivers and apps from original settings.  The only item remotely touch related is the "Acer Touch Tools" application.  I tried to reinstall and all it will offer me is uninstall.  No, I haven't uninstalled and then tried to reinstall... yes, I made a back up, no, I don't want to assume that I know what I'm doing and just uninstall things hoping that I can replace them.

I created a factory default backup using the Acer Recovery Management window (and wiped all the operating software off a brand new external hard drive in error... just enough to do serious damage Smiley Sad.)  I then did the custom system restore which was supposed to retain my data but restore the operating system to factory defaults.

Yes, I cleaned my screen.  Nothing.

Now I have lost 2 days of work (self employed, yay for the upcoming sleepless nights) and got back the use of my apps but my screen is still painfully non-responsive.

I probably wouldn't care but this computer is 2 weeks old!!!!!!! I've called the retailer only to be told that they won't deal with upgrade issues and I'm 1 day over my 14 day return limit... they still don't care.  This forum is full of people with the same issue and I've done all steps offered.  Someone was speaking of drivers for touch stuff but I haven't actually seen the driver AND all the posts are from 2012 so I don't even know if this is the right fix.

Please help me.... I am dying here!!!!

Thank you.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I am sorry to hear that touch and other features of your newly purchased device is not working after two weeks. It sounds like you have performed a great deal of your own troubleshooting. I would recommend contacting technical support in your region as the issue does not sound software related and may be related to the hardware possibly.

• HeadmanBFS
    HeadmanBFS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Having the same issue.

Bought all-in-one last week touch-screen stopped working once I activated windows 8.1.

The driver website you suggested is of no use at all - checked all the drivers showing and version numbers are all the same and current.

Couldn't see the Pen&Touch setting in Control Panel but that has retuned with a restart.

PCinfo setting now showing "touch screen available with 10 point touch" but still no joy.

Does this need a BIOS upgrade?

That's the only thing differnt from the Acer http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers website.

Help required urgently please

• Liz973
    Liz973 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@Headman...

I haveno idea what happened butone day my touch screen just started working again.

Every couple days it stops working so I shut the computer off and let it update/reboot and either the next time or the time after that... touch is back up and running.  Strange and frustrating.

But my apps are all dead again.  Can't even open the help app or the "store" app to reload them Smiley Sad

Good luck.

I fear I may have to go back to a computer that is more user friendly and does not require me to do my own programming. 

Smiley Sad