Aspire Z3-600 Constant screen black-outs after latest Win 10 update (Sep 2016)

ACon
ACon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2017 in All-In-One PCs

Hello,

We have two Aspire Z3-600 systems and the same problem is happening on both.

After the latest Windows 10 update, I believe it's called the "Anniversary Update", the screen is blacking out for about a second, at random, and about 5 to 10 times a minute!  It's impossible to use the PCs for any amount of time.

It's a definite software issue because the black-outs happen much more often when specific software is running. For example, when I opened the window for the Acer ID information to get the serial no, etc, that window caused much longer black screens and I didn't even have time to click the Print button before the next screen blackout.

We checked Windows Update twice, we uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers (the most probable culprit) we run the Windows Devices troubleshooter which found some driver update and installed it, but nothing solved the problem.  We get on the desktop OK, start using MS Office, or other software and the black-outs start again.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. We need the PCs to do actual work, and the sooner we can solve this problem the better.

Thank you.

===[Edit]=====

We also did a couple more things that I found as suggestions from the MS support site:

Booted in Safe Mode and disabled all non-MS services. Rebooted - problem still there.

Both disabled and updated the touch screen drivers - problem still there.

If we boot to the desktop and just stay there the screen is fine. After starting some software and working on it, from Adobe Reader to Chrome and very often on Outlook, the black-outs start within a few to several seconds of activity on the softwarel

Answers

• offroadlvr999
    offroadlvr999 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue on a Z3-600 all in one too.

• ACon
    ACon Member Posts: 2 New User

The black-outs are now getting worse. On one of the systems the last one lasted more than 30 minutes.

Anyone from Acer reading this?

The MS site has no more help other than updating the video drivers, which we have done multiple times on both systems with no improvement.

Acer, please help!

• jlord911
    jlord911 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same issue here - Acer Z3-600 blacks out and we force a reboot in order to bring it back to life.  Any ideas?

• POed
    POed Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having the same issues, once the computer has been on for 1/2 day, doesn't seem to go black anymore but then I can shut my computer off for days. Have you heard from Acer yet? Tried to get hold of them too. Not much luck.

• kodiak63
    kodiak63 Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm having the same issue.   Bought mine in Jan. 2014.    My screen only blacked out when watching Netflix.   I also could never get my TV to act as a monitor with it using HDMI cable.    As someone mentioned earlier since the new updates for Windows 10 came in September in 2016, it has gotten even worse.   Seems if I have multiple tabs open, it blacks out for almost a minute.    Sometimes causing me to reboot.

Obviously it's a problem ACER needs to address.  At this time, I doubt I will buy another ACER product.   Sad thing is, when it's working, I love it.

• tmckinley
    tmckinley Member Posts: 1 New User

So has anyone firgured this out yet? I've done all of the recommended fixes and driver updates and its still flicking on and off. I have a little blue ACER icon "PC" box that pops up during the outage, did not see that mentioned else where.

Rate of flicker increases with the intensity of usage, I was in a very large excel spreadsheet yeaterday haveing to make multpile changes on various tabs and it was absolutely unworkable.

Years ago I had an acer laptop and I should have listened to me gut.

[inappropriate content removed]

• BlockAanJeBeen
    BlockAanJeBeen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes, I'm !! The Acer Servicedesk and ther Repaircenter had give me the answer that the Acer Z3 600 is not "future proof", with other words, it can't handel Windows 10 and specially the VGA-driver. The only solutions is that you go your local PC-doctor en he wil maken a "clean installation", so he "format" the whole system and only will instalate Windows 10, and then it wil run. With other words ... the acersoftware is not compatbile tot run Windows 10...
  • doddtw
    doddtw Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a blinking screen when watching youtube. I found that using Firefox solved the problem.